• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

4 player deathmatch.

4 man deathmatch.

• Total voters

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I really don't see a reason for 3 player. Here are some pros and cons for 3 player death match.

Pros:
-Games aren't too short.
-Prevents 4 man teams (unless they wait it out, which itself is a con as well)
-Prevents a 3v1 which is better then being teamed on by 2. (But teams of 3 are less common.

Cons:
-2v1's almost every game for solo players.
-If you're teaming, and there is another team, games can last a long while.
-Games can last a while if there's 4 solo players all wandering, on maps like TSG2.

There is technically more pros the cons of 3 man deathmatch, but the cons are better reasons I think.

If you have any other pros or cons let me know, I'll add them asap. Tell me what you guys think. :)

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that a three man deathmatch is better for solo players, if you allow four players you increase the chances of getting 3v1s. I think that something like this would take away from solo playing. In my opinion three man deathmatches add more equality to the game, as a person who used to play a lot solo and ran into teams it was quite advantageous to leave a couple weak players alive just to give myself a fighting chance.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that a three man deathmatch is better for solo players, if you allow four players you increase the chances of getting 3v1s. I think that something like this would take away from solo playing. In my opinion three man deathmatches add more equality to the game, as a person who used to play a lot solo and ran into teams it was quite advantageous to leave a couple weak players alive just to give myself a fighting chance.
But there's a lot more 2 man teams then 3. I want this to decrease the chances of getting teamed on. Teams are easy mid-game, but in deathmatch there's nowhere to run and regen. But say there is two solo players and 1 team, you can run and let him die so you can regen/craft etc.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
But there's a lot more 2 man teams then 3. I want this to decrease the chances of getting teamed on. Teams are easy mid-game, but in deathmatch there's nowhere to run and regen. But say there is two solo players and 1 team, you can run and let him die so you can regen/craft etc.
For the most part the fourth player alive sucks and isn't much of an advantage to you in a four player game. In three man deathmatches the extra player will buy you a lot more time than he would in a four player deathmatch. I think players a more likely to team in four player deathmatches because they will realize that it is easier to get to the final four than it is the final three.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
For the most part the fourth player alive sucks and isn't much of an advantage to you in a four player game. In three man deathmatches the extra player will buy you a lot more time than he would in a four player deathmatch. I think players a more likely to team in four player deathmatches because they will realize that it is easier to get to the final four than it is the final three.
But that's the thing, exactly my point. I go to deathmatch without being teamed on maybe 1/10 times.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
But that's the thing, exactly my point. I go to deathmatch without being teamed on maybe 1/10 times.
Unless the game has changed a lot since I last played, I can't see four man deathmatches benefiting you if you are getting teamed on too much. Are you waiting too long to make your move? Its easier to take out a team when you have as much space as possible, deathmatch really confines your movements.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Unless the game has changed a lot since I last played, I can't see four man deathmatches benefiting you if you are getting teamed on too much. Are you waiting too long to make your move? Its easier to take out a team when you have as much space as possible, deathmatch really confines your movements.
The problem isn't me dying, I usually win the 2v1. It's just the less skilled players (even tho i suk) have a hard time, I've seen from experience. (Spectating). It's rare the I see a new player win a 2v1, especially in Deathmatch.

Reaction score
Four person death matches should only occur when there is a map bigger than a certain radius, because on some maps, it is hard to find people. But on smaller ones... No.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd honestly need to try it out before I could make a conclusion.

It would be good for 2v2s and the likelyhood of there being a 3 man team is low anyway. It also prevents the boring wait for one more person to die before DM can start.

It sounds sorta good in theory, but in practice I'm not so sure.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Here is why I say yes: I notice that more games are stuck at 4 people for at least 5 minutes every game, this would reduce that 5 minute wait, so in my opinion, yes!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci