• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

24 player start for 48

Should the 48 slot lobbies only require 24 people?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Right now, the 48 slot games don't start until theres 36 people; which i can understand. But the 24 slot games only require a half lobby to start. Instead of waiting for a dozen more slots to fill, shouldn't it also start with a half full lobby

zerglin9000

Spectator
Reaction score
I just think its rediculous that even with all the other servers full, this one caps :/

Edit: the lobby says it is 28/24 people, I think o nthe server list we need to get it to say maximum capacity lobby is 48

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
I think the reasoning behind the 48 player servers not beginning at 24 players, is because if they did, they wouldn't be any different from the actual 24 player servers, therefore it requires 36 players to start them, creating bigger games than usual, from the start. I think it decent makes sense, but really, i don't see it being a problem very often, since the servers are almost always full anyway.

I don't know this though, and to have someone confirm or deny it would be great.

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think it matters that much because servers fill to capacity in 15 seconds. Even the 48 player ones usually take 30 seconds if they just reset.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think the reasoning behind the 48 player servers not beginning at 24 players, is because if they did, they wouldn't be any different from the actual 24 player servers, therefore it requires 36 players to start them, creating bigger games than usual, from the start. I think it decent makes sense, but really, i don't see it being a problem very often, since the servers are almost always full anyway.

I don't know this though, and to have someone confirm or deny it would be great.
I don't think it matters that much because servers fill to capacity in 15 seconds. Even the 48 player ones usually take 30 seconds if they just reset.
I understand about making the server bigger, and also that they fill up quickly. But when one of the big servers doesn't fill up in thirty seconds, we are waiting with an over half filled lobby, ready to start the game. The other day, we spent fifteen minutes with roughly 31 people and the game didn't start because of the 36 minimum. I would consider this an annoyance, so what can we do to fix this?

SilentMrDave

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree with the limit being set down as I usually watch the servers in the morning (EST) and they are usually quite empty. Though on busy times they fill up quickly it is annoying trying to get a match in the morning. With that being said there should be a general limit decrease or a system the resets the timer 3 times (5 mins each like it is already) but after the 3rd time if the lobby hasn't reached the limit it should start the round (or make it go into voting if you want it to start the match or start the timer again) I think this would be good especially for those who play when the servers are quite empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci