• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1 minute timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazzled

Spectator
Reaction score
Earlier today I was playing on one of your great servers. I had just made a iron sword and was in the last 4 people, but disaster struck when I randomly got disconnect with the "End of Stream" message. My suggestion is that if you leave the game, your character is still alive and can be killed for 1 minute. So if your crash, get disconnected or need to reload Minecraft to fix the inventory bug, you can do this quickly. I hope you consider this, or a similar option.

Thanks, Brazzled.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
Someone already posted this idea. But i would really like to see this in the server.

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
That would be hard to code and tech stuff like that but sounds like a good idea.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
I have seen servers with this.
So it is possible.

I support!

Brazzled

Spectator
Reaction score
That would be hard to code and tech stuff like that but sounds like a good idea.
It can't be that hard. I've played on loads of busy servers in which when you leave, your spot is saved for a while in case you need re-load the server/Minecraft.

I just said your character should still be attack-able to stop combat logging. Maybe if you have only 1 minute. An example would be;
Player 1: Aw shizzle. I need to reload my client.
[Player 1 leaves]
[Player 2: Hey, he just combat logged!!!
[Player 2 kills Player 1]
Player 2: That'll teach him!

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
and the only problem i see with this is that once you log back onto the game some one might take your spot and if you do successfully are able to get on then wouldn't you be a spectator?

Brazzled

Spectator
Reaction score
and the only problem i see with this is that once you log back onto the game some one might take your spot and if you do successfully are able to get on then wouldn't you be a spectator?
Well no... That's why your spot is reserved/saved until you log back in. If you haven't logged back in within the time limit, you get killed and loose your spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci