• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 update? Idea for PvP!

Obliterate

Experienced
Reaction score
So, I heard that the full MCSG 1.8 update is coming out on the 29th of January, so I hopped onto 1.8 to get prepared. What I found was that NOBODY WAS TAKING ANY KNOCKBACK!!!!!!!!!!!! There were a ton of people who weren't even good that were beating me due to 1.8 dealing much less knockback. I think this is also due to the anticheat update on MCGamer. What I was thinking of is a plugin to create virtual knockback for players, so when people are being hit/rodded they actually get knocked back, because at the moment MCSG seems to be a war about who can click faster. This is how a fight between 1.8 players works: You trade hits until one of you wins with half a heart. Please fix this as it is making me wonder if the MCSG skill cap really is declining.

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
It might work, but I don't know if it will.

JJSnacks

Diamond
Reaction score
It sounds interesting, but creating a plugin just for knockback doesn't really sound worth it. Since MCGamer will be dropping support for 1.7 soon, it shouldn't really be a problem since everyone will get the same sort of hits.

Obliterate

Experienced
Reaction score
It sounds interesting, but creating a plugin just for knockback doesn't really sound worth it. Since MCGamer will be dropping support for 1.7 soon, it shouldn't really be a problem since everyone will get the same sort of hits.
This isn't about getting rid of the disadvantage that 1.8 has as opposed to 1.7, I already stated that this update was for the full 1.8 release. I wanted this feature implemented because it would widen the skill gap. It would separate the decent players from the excellent players. It would bring MCSG that super competitive aspect back into play. If when 1.8 does roll out on the 29th this feature has not been implemented, inexperienced MCSG players will have a change against the superior MCSG players because of the lack of tactical capabilities that 1.8 offers PvP wise. For example if you are running and you turn to rod your opponent, chances are they will get a hit on you in 1.8 because of the lack of knockback they will take. When you are just trying to rod combo someone, the stun is almost nonexistent and since there is a delay between when hitting someone due to the "red" phase, they will most likely get the first hit on you even though you got the rod on them. Simply, people can not get combos on each other. Most likely people will just trade hits even while strafing which isn't what anyone wants. Also,
but creating a plugin just for knockback doesn't really sound worth it.
The MCSG developers could easily incorporate the necessary code in one of their current plugins. In my opinion "just for knockback" is not entirely true. It won't just be for knockback. It will improve PvP in almost every way imaginable and give all of the people who are going to possibly quit on this 1.8 update, a fresh feel of true PvP.

Last edited:

Nitro

Platinum
Reaction score
Hopefully 1.8.2 will come out and fix PvP, but if that doesn't happen then this is a good idea.

K

KiDD

A minuscule chance they won't enhance the PvP experience, a lot of people don't like to use 1.8 when it comes to PvP. But this sounds interesting as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci