• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Woah

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
So...

I've been a member of the staff on this server for a whole six months!

I just find that absolutely ridiculous and mind-blowing. That's one half of an entire year. Roughly one fourth of this entire community's existence!

And so I've been thinking: What's better for the occasion than a story! So without any delay, here's my history with MCSG.

April 2013:
I'd only had Minecraft for a couple of months. I used to play on some other servers, but it was majorly single-player that I enjoyed. I'd usually have LAN parties with my friends on our awful laptop computers. But one thing that I remember was a specific little server that had a side gamemode for Hunger Games in Minecraft. I instantly loved it. However, there were only a couple of maps, and games usually ended within five minutes. It seemed more of a minigame and an actual gamemode.

That's when I decided to find a dedicated Hunger Games server. And low and behold, the greatest of them all shows up first, us1.mcsg.in. I instantly fell in love. One of the things that I can remember best about my 2013 summer was having all-night parties with my friends through Skype. Sadly, I didn't know that things like Teamspeak or the forums even existed yet.

June 2013:
After doing some research, I ended up joining the forums. I was so glad for the existence of them, as my school's network prevented Minecraft from launching on my school laptop. This actually gave me something to do during free time at school.

I can still remember spending the night at my friend's house, and tediously working over this thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/challenge.51680/
I eventually discovered a fun loophole through the thread, and beat the challenge easily. SixZoSeven , that's still one of my favorite forum memories.

July 2013:
This was roughly the time where I first joined the Teamspeak. I can't remember the exact time, but I know it was in June. This is especially where I remember the release of the first Survival server. I remember blasting out of the wall, and into the ocean, traveling for tons and tons of minutes. A few days later, I pulled some strings, and met my first official friend on Teamspeak, Mr_Gears . He let me join his survival faction, and through that, I met tons of other people that I still talk to today.

August 2013:
I'll keep this paragraph short and simple. I applied for mod, and got declined. I'll admit it, I wrote an awful application.

But hey, here's where it gets fun! I decided to take a couple of weeks to familiarize myself with the system. I ended up writing another application later in the month, and on August 27th, 2013, I was officially hired on as a moderator to the network. The feeling was tremendous. I remember talking to KellieBreanne a few days before my interview. I think she was pretty much my best friend amongst the senior staff at the time. She led my interview and it overall make me feel much more comfortable. Looking back on it now, I joined the staff exactly two months after I joined the forums.

December 2013:
Not a whole bunch happened up until this point. I went about doing my mod duties to the best of my abilities up until this point. I heard the rumors of some new trial senior moderators being chosen. In all honesty, I had no idea that I would have been picked. I remember fondly when K259864 and I essentially went back and forth telling each other why the other would be put on trial. And believe it or not, we were both put on trial on December 14th, 2013.

This was honestly such a shock for me. I was only a staff member for three and a half months. Staff being put on trial that early is rather unheard of. Needless to say, I felt a little bit intimidated by the "Competition" of K259864 and KRaidium , both of which were staff members for exponentially longer that me.

February 2014:
Having been on trial for a while longer than the norm, it was about two months since I'd been set on trial. I remember when my trial buddies and I were moved out of the meeting room, and our colleagues decided our fate. Thankfully, all of us passed.

February 27th, 2014:
I was officially marked as a staff member for six months. Sadly, work and school swamped me, and I couldn't find the time to write this thread.

March 4th, 6 AM, 2014:
I woke up.

March 4th, 8 AM, 2014:
I sat down for my engineering class, and though about writing this thread during my free period.

March 4th, 10 AM, 2014:
I'm officially writing this thread.

Phew, now that that's done, time to recognize the people who've made my time here so enjoyable!

ChadTheDJ
Ava
Le0
Dave
subv3rsion
Col_StaR
Antster360
Bicentennial_Man
KellieBreanne
Tacoface1234
Joshkey
CAmadeusA
KRaidium
TPH_Toxin
Purewelshboy1
CaptButterToast
wooders1996
Bowser52000
Tal_Pal
Lively
SixZoSeven
Adam_I
Adragonfire9
Tree_TheBigKind
Echo/Haydn
ThePikachuPro
Ninetailefox92
electromeerkat
Erisyuka
ErinEquinox
MCCMorpheus
Lemonz87
_AquaTechMC_
MKFarrell
azule2012
Lovelywishes
KitMencha
ChandelleMC
DracoHD
Dracoe
Nellie_San
iShowny
diamondchloe
TotalDramaTony
MetagrossVSwablu
LadyOfLove
kpwn243
kezzer1995
Theoretical
Halo_0
RC_4777
Flubbernugget88
Swordz_
Gameraider
CraftyKratonite
Creepy_Crawler
RiseNinja
OwenScottMC
DonutDudeMC
ThappleTree
ManOfTheBread
Old_Spice_
Virtual
Beardy
Bulletshield3
KimmieFizzy
LizzyBethyMC
Pixelatorx2
Purge
SimplyToTheMax
TheGiantTiger14

And everybody else! Too many names to list!

Wow, that's a lot of names. Either way, I have enjoyed these last six months of staff work with all of you beautiful people, and I look forward to several several more.

You're all wonderful,
~Cubes

Jamiie61

Survivor
Reaction score
I love reading threads like this :D. Thanks for sharing this with us !

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Lovely read :D You should be proud of your self :D

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
Huh, I thought you've been here longer. Anyway, great story! One that I actually read.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
You are really someone to look up to cubes! I hope you'll stay here for much longer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci