• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why???

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
The Q names originally started because people wanted cool names like "Aura", "Mooclan" (lol), "Water", "Swag" etc.

If that username was taken, they could do usernames such as "Aurq", "Mooclqn", "Wqter", and "Swqg"

Q's are also sometimes used to replace O's and lowercase G's.

The NoHaxJust names came about for similar trend-related reasons, and started to pop up more often around the time that Name Changes were introduced.

The YT names are generally to symbolize that the person has an interest in YouTube - sometimes to pretend that they're a YouTuber, sometimes to say that they are a YouTuber (Although most people who do that are really low-quality content creators in my opinion), and some to say that they just really like watching YouTube.

And, of course, there are some names that are just trolling/mocking the others.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Because people are unoriginal and can't think of anything better. "Oh, this name is taken, so let me just put a 'q' in it instead of an 'a!' That'll make me look original and cool for sure!"

Same thing goes for the people who put 'YT' in their name. All of these smaller YouTubers that no one has really heard of that have this in their name just look really desperate and create the same boring content that most of the other people with 'YT' in their name do.

The NoHacksJust.... is just people copying a YouTuber, which is also another way people manage to be unoriginal. People will take YouTubers' names and put q's in them, or combine two or more YouTubers' names into one (example: TheHuahwiFarts, or ForceHacksQG (and I don't even know if those are people's actual names but they probably are)).

But the worst is when people do all three at the same time, and include some random PvP term as well. This kind of name would be something like "NoHqcksJustHuqhwiYT or even NoHacksjustStrqfePvP." Those names are the ultimate cringe-worthy names.

EDIT: Another thing that annoys me is when people put 'MC' at the end of their name. We all know you're playing Minecraft, considering we see that name in-game, so what is the damn point?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci