• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why Minecraft PvP Cannot and Will Not Become Competitive

Do you think Minecraft could become competitive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
I used to love playing this game competitively. Minecraft has great PvP mechanics that I still admire today. Clan battles and all that were incredibly fun, but the core of the community simply wasn't consistent with playing the game, including myself. At this point, the game is just a bunch of people sweating Badlion and MCSG and Badlion thinking that they're being competitive, with a bunch of randies saying that they "play for fun" and not to win. Few people respect the competitive potential of this game. I've always been frustrated at how a game that could be so great is mostly just a bunch of young teenagers cheating against each other and tryharding things like UHC. I personally moved on to play games like CS a long time ago. These are the reasons I think this game never blossomed in to a game that people view as a game you play to win.

1. It was published as a building game. I'm sure we all began playing Minecraft viewing it as survival game where you build stuff etc. Games like CSGO and LoL were meant to be competitive games and so they became that. When the average gamer thinks Minecraft, he thinks blocks and building. Where a competitive CSGO player may be interested in Dota, they won't be interested in Minecraft.

2. The ping issue. This is a very fast paced melee game when it comes to PvP, meaning that too many imbalances and disadvantages are created when all parties involved have 60 ping or less, hell, on 40 or less is really better, but even with 60 as the threshhold, there are simply too few players that play this game for PvP to make enough servers so that everyone can have decent ping against each other. This is only in competitive circumstances as I said. I'm fine playing a match of SG with 80 ping.

3. Young audience. This really goes along with the first thing, because not many 20 year olds plays this game with the intention of being good and beating other players. There are a few like Huahwi, but there aren't enough older players to keep the community going.

4. Mojang's neglectance of PvP and ridiculous ideas to improve it. I don't care what you say, Mojang needs to have some sort of role in this if we're to even think about people getting engaged in competitive play.

Look guys, I think Minecraft has great potential as a competitive game, it has great PvP mechanics and a strong base of young players that can keep a community going, but there are simply too many weak links in the chain that would make MC a good competitive game.

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
No comment on that :p

Even if MCSG was a more flourishing server, that wouldn't solve the issue of Minecraft itself not being a game that people generally want to play competitively. Even in MCSG's prime of 10k+ players on regularly, we didn't have a proper competitive invironment.

Omri

Career
Reaction score
No comment on that :p

Even if MCSG was a more flourishing server, that wouldn't solve the issue of Minecraft itself not being a game that people generally want to play competitively. Even in MCSG's prime of 10k+ players on regularly, we didn't have a proper competitive invironment.
But if the staff improved and got it togethor & hosted competitive events , Make REGULAR updates to the server, ect..
MCG just doesnt care enough.
When UHC become a big thing they were late and then they tried making their own type of UHC and had completley flopped with that. So Mcsg can porgress if the people with the say actually listen to what the community wants

Omri

Career
Reaction score
That's something we don't know, but either way, this thread is generalizing Minecraft as a whole; not just MCG.
He's mostly focusing on Mcsg and badlion and at least Badlion has regular tournaments un like MCSG where the community has to organize events therself usually with out any sort of prize

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
He's mostly focusing on Mcsg and badlion and at least Badlion has regular tournaments un like MCSG where the community has to organize events therself usually with out any sort of prize
MCGamer and Badlion were 2 simple examples, he is not generalizing either server. He is generalizing Minecraft, as the title and the entire thread reads.

Omri

Career
Reaction score
MCGamer and Badlion were 2 simple examples, he is not generalizing either server. He is generalizing Minecraft, as the title and the entire thread reads.
Those are the most Competitive servers on minecraft imo right now

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
Those are the most Competitive servers on minecraft imo right now
That does not mean he is generalizing the two servers.

Either way, we're getting off topic and that does not need to be continued - I wouldn't mind discussing this with you privately to avoid straying the subject of a nicely put thread. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci