• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who to contact about younger mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I want to become mod. At 14. Now, I know the rules say that mod is permitted 15 and up. But, I have heard that you can get an exception. But ask whom? I have asked around and looked on the forums, and some say "Email ChadTheDJ" or "Contact Col_StaR." I need help on this. If anybody (Sr. Mods greatly :D) can help me get an official answer, that would be great.

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've actually been wondering too, so whomever answers, that'd be helpful. :)

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
Pretty sure its Col_StaR, but, it could be Chad as well.... I'd go with Chad to be honest..

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
Even with the slim chance of getting an exception they greatly prefer 15+ There would have to be a pretty convincing case to make an exception if you are going to be mod at 14-

Reactions: Le0

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Last night i Poked Col_StaR on team speak and i messaged him about the exception he said it was 14 but i got it. To get a exception of age your mod app has to Brilliant!

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
You would have to probably contact very high powered people in the community, such as Chad. And remember, you would need an amazing application to be considered for an exception. :)
Best of luck!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
No, don't email Chad about age exceptions. At best, he usually just forwards those emails to me. At worst, they gum-up his inbox amongst the mountain of support emails he sifts through daily. The official statement is to go to a Community Manager for an age exception, but they are mostly handled by me.

I'm currently in the middle of revamping the age exception process, in addition to a number of other delays I'm tasked with overseeing. As a result, I'm putting a temporary halt on age exceptions while I settle on a more refined process that is less tedious and more thorough of an evaluation. Furthermore, I also plan to make the actual age exception process easier to follow as well, since there is no/never was any official way of initiating one.

Once the new system is ready and I am able to resume age exceptions, I will make a post on the forums.
In the mean time, if you are interested in an age exception in the interim, please email or PM me with the following:

• A statement confirming that you are seeking an age exception
  • Your age
  • Your forum name and ingame name
  • An explanation as to why you think you deserve an age exception
  • The moderator application you wish to submit if an age exception is granted.
This info will remind me whom is interested in seeking an age exception, and whom to give priority to.
Remember that age exceptions are given to exceptional cases, and those seeking an age exception will be scrutinized to the highest degree for the extent of their application. I reserve the right to deny anyone if they do not meet what I feel are high-enough standards.

Outdated information. Please contact an Admin for information about Age Exceptions.

Last edited:

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Dont email chad. He will never reply to that. Just poke Col_StaR on teamspeak.

If you dont know the network for MCSG go to:

Connections-Servername: ts.mcgamer.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci