• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who killed me?!

Add who killed you in the chat?

• Yes, I want it to say, "{Player} was killed by {Player}."

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • No, I like it as, "{Player} died."

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • No, I want "A cannon was heard in the distance! 1-23 Tributes remain!"

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No, I only want it to tell the player who died who killed them! "You have lost x amount of points to

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

ThatSBKid

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree it should be shown only to the person who was killed, even just as a simple "[Player] killed you.". Too many times I'm trying to fight back and die, but I'm still clicking so I end up teleporting away from the scene. If I want to put a bounty on someone, it would be nice to know who I should actually be doing it to.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
it should go back to "Cannon was heard in the distance" then say to you, you have lost *** points to (insertname) back to how it was c:

Dunches

Tribute
Reaction score
I'd ruin any chances of sneak kills.. For instance, if you're on a team or something with 2 others, you wouldn't be able to push one of them off a cliff, then pretend like nothing. Which is a strategy that might not be used alot, but is a good one.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I think perhaps it should only tell the player who was killed who killed them such as: "You were killed by MRDUDE812" but not tell the server. I prefer that because then you don't know who (probably) has good gear or is really good at pvp. It is also more accurate to the story "Hunger Games" which this is loosely based on, in the books/movie(s) all you knew was when someone died, and at night, who it was. You had no way of knowing who to watch out for (besides the careers).

Reaction score
I think it should stick to "EllaTheAwesome died". That way, people don't know who has really good stuff (they probably do if it showed that they killed 5 people). THAT way, those people can feign and pretend they only have a wooden axe.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I wish it would tell you, but NOT broadcast it to the server. It would be useful if you think the guy that killed you was hacking so you could go spec him.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
What about if you were automatically TP'd to your killer, rather than a random player?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci