• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Where did all the good threads go?

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but everyday I come onto the community corner, the heart of the forums in my opinion, and am saddened by the lack of interesting threads and discussions.

I'm not saying there's no good discussions, yet I miss coming on here and having many threads to reply to which are worth my while, and not pointless or the same thing someone thought it would be constructive to post the 37th time (looking at you mod/hacker/community/v2 bashers). Also, as much as some of you may like them, the "best forumers" threads seem to be a "get forum likes free!" thread where you tag the same old people to get an easy like from them. I'm guilty of such actions myself, but now, honestly I'd rather get my like from a quality or agreeable post which doesn't tag 10 people to up your post to like ratio. Before I get a bit too rant-ish, hear me out please.

Firstly, lets stop bashing on the moderators, or the hackers, or the community, or the V2 update or something which we've all heard a million odd times. Unless you're into getting 30 repetitive replies from annoyed forumers, stop posting these threads. They clutter up a normally awesome sub-forum, and by now we know that the mods are working on the issue, it's their job!

Lets stop tagging "popular" forumers and praising them excessively to get easy likes. Earn their attention through good, funny, agreeable, constructive, helpful or thoughtful posts, it'll make people think higher of you. Think how those forumers you praise got their status. It wasn't from tagging Mooclan!

Lastly, lets think before we post! A good forum is a forum where people post things which are relevant and contribute to a conversation. Keep that in mind.

[/rant]

Reaction score
Well I make those MCG bashing thread, not becuase the leaderboard update, but for the upgrades. Also it may souns like I am bashing the staff team I am not. Just wanted to point out my opinion on there,
Harris|DareDevilMan1 he was saying
Example
@ForumsGod is my ispenratjon nd I lve him to detah!! Pleae wish me good luck with mu mod application..
There are some people that do it. Which is frankly annoying but If mooclan is your inspiration then you only post it on a thread if they want to know about it.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So you're saying Mooclan and Miner9823 fish for likes? Lol you're funny.
Actually... What he meant was by tagging the individual, it would be expected that the tagged user will like the post they were tagged in. So to conclusion, the person who tags the forumers are those who apparently fish for likes.
And to be entirely honest, I think Creepers is kind of correct. In some of those threads, I get tagged quite a bit, and even when I explicitly ask not to be tagged in them, I still do. But I don't really go for liking all of them.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This thread has great points, but in this community, I sadly would not expect anybody to listen to it. These points are exactly why the forums aren't what they used to be. There aren't many great threads to post on, as most of them are just about opinionated thoughts about a certain subject with the community. 10/10 great thread Creeper674 we need to get these points out someway, now let's just hope people actually listen.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Oh, how ironic. A thread that talks of a lack of discussion-worthy threads is actually one of the few left!

Compared to how it used to be, I personally agree - The forums are filled with clan threads, a few General Support threads that are quickly answered by Mirkoz before I can even open the page, and threads complaining about various things here and there that have grown repetitive months ago. There's simply not much new, interesting discussion. Sure, a few threads with potential might pop up here and there, but so many forumers simply don't feel the drive to keep them going, and the threads die out.

Oh, and the amount of trolls and ragers is only growing, which makes me question the future of the forums.

However, rather than simply ranting and stating that the forums are dying out, I pose a question:
What can be done to revive the forums?

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. But I don't people tag people initially to gain likes, I think it's to show appreciation, that's from my point of view anyways. I do feel like the community corner is suffering from creative ideas and debates that used to have.

LieutenantIV

Experienced
Reaction score
Clan threads dominate nowadays. All we see, hear, or breathe are clan threads.

Though I'm a relatively new, not-so-active user here, I was fairly active on another well-known forum board. I've never been active here, I'll forfeit that, but it's for one of the reasons you expressed.

There's not many good discussions anymore. The responsibilities to generate useful content and interesting threads has been handed down to a generation of forumers that either cannot mimic the 'special' style old-time forumers had, or they simply don't care enough to do it. Right now, most of us are idly standing by, waiting for the arrival of just a few people who can re-ignite the forums, if you will. They definitely are slowly wilting away to nothing.

In regards to complaint threads, that's to be expected and there is nothing that can possibly be done about it. People are always going to complain about, belittle, and speak against staff, the community, plugin developments, or anything else they can seek their teeth into.

None of these threads even fall under this 'awesome thread' category that was previously defined. There was a time where these threads presented new information in a clean, civilized way that created argument without flame. However, nowadays it is just the same information being repeated again and again.

Lastly, there's nothing to do but agree with your point regarding tagging people for likes. I'm guilty as charged, but it wasn't done with the intent you described. I'm the kind of person that feels like people need to be noticed and recognized for what they do, so it's customary for me to tag them, as that seems to be the most surefire way of them noticing my praise. But, I can recognize where you are getting with that point. Pretty soon, we'll have a bunch of like-boosted wanna-be's.

Reaction score
Actually... What he meant was by tagging the individual, it would be expected that the tagged user will like the post they were tagged in. So to conclusion, the person who tags the forumers are those who apparently fish for likes.
And to be entirely honest, I think Creepers is kind of correct. In some of those threads, I get tagged quite a bit, and even when I explicitly ask not to be tagged in them, I still do. But I don't really go for liking all of them.
If it's that, then again, I've never ever encountered a thing like that ...

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The good threads left when there was/were:
-nothing new to talk about in Survival Games Discussions
-no new questions for General Support
-a ton of "General PvP Tips and Tricks" that look like someone just copy-pasted the script of Huahwi's tip video
-so many clan threads that the "What's New" and the "Search" features are just clogged
-enough people that realized that anything in the Feature Suggestions, no matter how supported it was, is never going to be added

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci