• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Where at we with the website?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
So back in November (3rd) there was an announcement made by chad-here

In that announcement, it was said we would be getting a new website, along with MCGamer v2 stuff.

We have the MCGamer v2, but where's the website?

Now, I understand how it could have been late, the artist could have been late with art, ETC.

But, all I'm wondering is, how far in progress is everything, like is everything else besides the art done?

This was more than 4 months ago announced, so I'm just wondering if we are getting it any time soon.

Another point to bring up, why do you have a screenshot of the new forums in the post, but there are claims art isn't done?

Thanks for your time, this thread is asking for answers, but can also lead to discussion, so don't close it asap. Again, I know the excuses made, so don't just repeat them. Thanks.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's coming soon. Sooner than it is later :^)

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help? Can you drop any dates?
Kyle Col_StaR subv3rsion You 3 are online, is there any information you can give us regarding overdue website?
I don't think any of the people you just tagged are involved in the Website development at all. (I apologize for my mistake if you are, Bill)

I do not know the specifics of the Developers or their plans, since that is not my responsibility nor my jurisdiction. Any information I may have may not be the most current, and it may be common knowledge already.

My current understanding of the website's status is, "nearing completion". Artwork, forums, and general infrastructure are ready, and hypothetically we could all jump onto the untested, early-release version of the website right this moment (I do not advise that). Heck, I believe that the preview test website is still up and running... somewhere.
The only thing that's holding the new website back is the Leaderboards, which were deemed central to the website's functionality; it was decided that the website wouldn't be complete and ready for release without it. As such, the Developers need to finish the Leaderboards Update before they can release the website officially. It's the last step, but it's a very big one to make. That is one of the reasons the Devs have been focusing their efforts on the Leaderboards Update recently, since that's the last step before we can push the new website.

The Devs aren't keen on giving previews and updates, since that naturally drives people to assume that everything is going to be released sooner than it actually is (basically everyone sets themselves up for disappointment). I'd prefer more progress reports and periodic check-ins, but I will respect the Developers' judgement and wishes on such matters, and I believe we all should too.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think any of the people you just tagged are involved in the Website development at all. (I apologize for my mistake if you are, Bill)

I do not know the specifics of the Developers or their plans, since that is not my responsibility nor my jurisdiction. Any information I may have may not be the most current, and it may be common knowledge already.

My current understanding of the website's status is, "nearing completion". Artwork, forums, and general infrastructure are ready, and hypothetically we could all jump onto the untested, early-release version of the website right this moment (I do not advise that). Heck, I believe that the preview test website is still up and running... somewhere.
The only thing that's holding the new website back is the Leaderboards, which were deemed central to the website's functionality; it was decided that the website wouldn't be complete and ready for release without it. As such, the Developers need to finish the Leaderboards Update before they can release the website officially. It's the last step, but it's a very big one to make. That is one of the reasons the Devs have been focusing their efforts on the Leaderboards Update recently, since that's the last step before we can push the new website.

The Devs aren't keen on giving previews and updates, since that naturally drives people to assume that everything is going to be released sooner than it actually is (basically everyone sets themselves up for disappointment). I'd prefer more progress reports and periodic check-ins, but I will respect the Developers' judgement and wishes on such matters, and I believe we all should too.
I don't have too much experience with web-developing, but I asume that the website and the the leaderboards are not hosted on the same server. Wouldn't it be as easy to create the new website with a hyperlink to the old leaderboard until the new leaderboard has been finished?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score

I didn't know if you were or not, but you were all Sr. Staff, so I assumed you would know more than the average moderator. Thanks for the information, there hasn't been anything said about it since November, so I wanted to know it wasn't forgotten. THANKS :p

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have too much experience with web-developing, but I asume that the website and the the leaderboards are not hosted on the same server. Wouldn't it be as easy to create the new website with a hyperlink to the old leaderboard until the new leaderboard has been finished?
I would think so, and that would have been my stop-gap solution while work continued on the new leaderboards. However, it was decided otherwise.
I can kind of see their point: if we're going to use some new forums, we might as well go whole-hog with new stuff and unveil both new forums and new leaderboards at the same time. Use it as a way to rebrand ourselves fully as MCGamer.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I would think so, and that would have been my stop-gap solution while work continued on the new leaderboards. However, it was decided otherwise.
I can kind of see their point: if we're going to use some new forums, we might as well go whole-hog with new stuff and unveil both new forums and new leaderboards at the same time. Use it as a way to rebrand ourselves fully as MCGamer.
Alright, thanks for the explanation. So according to this post I can assume the new website will be launched at the same time as the new leaderboard?

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the explanation. So according to this post I can assume the new website will be launched at the same time as the new leaderboard?
THEY'D BETTER...
But yes, I believe that would be correct.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Like what Col said, you can't have the website until you have the leaderboards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci