• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What the heck happened to the community?!

DO you think the community needs a change?

• Yes.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • No, the community is fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Somewhat, we can make a few changes.

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well I can't remember that someone called me noob because I dont ave donor.... (Probably because there are way less donors on eu than on us but well)

In my opinion the hackers are gettig everything downhill.... Imagine MCSG without hackers and think about it some mins....
You will realize that NCP never had been here and we all raged because of this programm
You will realize that there werent this "HAX" messages and everyone could trust everyone that he doesnt hack. Today if someone is higher skilled than the other person the first message is "haxxor"
I think that if your getting killed by a hacker and you lose like 200 points you get soon in rage so you cant be really happy and friendly (for a short time)
There are also really much people getting banned for nothing but sometimes it just look like hax and then they quit because its crap getting banned for nothing....
Sometimes your so angry about them so you write Caps and stuff
Even just the fact that you accuse nearly everyone of hacking is sad...
I bet there was a way BETTER community without hackers...
I think the best way to get rid of hackers is to record them and upload them asap...
Im doing this for a while and uploaded more than 80 hackers now and Im still hoping that some guys will do same like me and many others and start uploading them. There are so many hackers... Just open Frpas or sth before the game starts and if you see / think someone hacking record and done...
I like the post, but one thing i, some people cant afford recording software. If you get banned make a ban dispute, its easy. If they decide to ragequit then they can do that, but they have a chance to be unbanned. If they're too lazy to do that they can be banned. And yes I agree the hackers are ruining the community because they're no-lifes that have to cheat to accomplish anything really. They never learn, I've seen many that say they were banned for hacking and they still do it. The harassment can be easily controlled, people just need to learn MCSG is to have fun. Plus it's a GAME, they rage over nothing. Mentioning that, hackers think they've accomplished something by getting some wins on a game.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Understand that tag spamming really makes me avoid threads rather than participating (don't do it again). Going to state 4 things about this:

1) As any PvP communities in MC, you will attract a very competitive group of people. Thus having issues of poor sportsmanship and other immaturity issues that effect any server running "mini games" plugins. You see a transition of people who played for fun get bored and the competitive players still stick around. Solution: Add more features to the plugin to make it fun for the casual players again so you don't have to just play for stats. (aka achievements, new maps, new chests, new web interface in MCSGv2)

2) MCSG has seen a huge spike in new players thus overloading our servers where it's almost impossible to play without donating. This was never designed to be like that and our old antiquated system is preventing us to add more lobbies without crashing everything. Solution: MCSGv2 is designed from the start to be very efficient so we can have more lobbies with the same physical limitations.

3) Donors are getting cocky and verbal abusing other players has increased because you see less and less of normal public players. Solution: MCSGv2 will have a better report abuse section all you need to do is take a screenshot and these people will be punished for harassment (you can do that already in our old system). Also, MCSGv2 will have more lobbies, so you will see more influx of public players playing.

4) As any PvP communities in MC, we are in a constant battle with hacked clients. We are doing our best every week to test majority of major hacks via NCP to make sure they are blocked or modify the configs to help prevent it. The real underlying issue is that this "witch hunt" need to stop and people need to understand what are hacks instead of people blaming people who do well and assume they are using client modifications. Really there is no solution yet to still continue to block bad hacks, but people will need to use the report abuse system to get these people removed fast (donor or regular player, doesn't matter as we treat everyone the same).

MCSGv2 will hopefully address majority of these issues as we do also see this problem. This is why we are rebuilding from the ground up as this is no easy task.

eshancowee

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry chad, eh, it worked. I'm glad things are being sorted. The community is having quiet a few problems, and we realise that you are doing your hardest to fix them.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the post, but one thing i, some people cant afford recording software. If you get banned make a ban dispute, its easy. If they decide to ragequit then they can do that, but they have a chance to be unbanned. If they're too lazy to do that they can be banned. And yes I agree the hackers are ruining the community because they're no-lifes that have to cheat to accomplish anything really. They never learn, I've seen many that say they were banned for hacking and they still do it. The harassment can be easily controlled, people just need to learn MCSG is to have fun. Plus it's a GAME, they rage over nothing. Mentioning that, hackers think they've accomplished something by getting some wins on a game.
No sadly not.... Best examples are ExKing and Hanfi... 2 of the greatest MCSGers Ive seen theyre both permabanned and they both dont deserve it...
You probs dont know then so i will tell you:
-
ExKing got banned one time for Caps or Harassment or sth (Maybe he got killed by a hacker or sth) Then there was a texture lag so he was sneaking while running, eating, climbing and standing.... One noob recorded it and he got banned. Its not the Mods fault because they cant proof its no lag though they probably know its a lag but he is still banned.
-
Hanfi: He got banned one time for "hacking"... It turned out it wasnt hax but he doesnt get unbanned... second ban was because a video of him was sped up and it looks like the hack is edited...
That was his permaban
We thought: If its sped up why dont we just slow it down.... We did it but he is still unbanned althoug the Moderators know its not edited...

Vox

Career
Reaction score
This will always happen in a gaming community. I have noticed this as well I hope this is just a phase that we all need to accept and hopefully it will blow over.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
More and more of the veteranplayers are leaving for this reason. Guess who will take their place? Hackers and noobs that don't deserve it. But they get the rank anyways because they won a lot.
Yep, the community has lost one of it's long time veteran ( <-------- that guy) thanks to bacca's, hacker's, and I will admit I USED TO LOVE THE NOOB COMMUNITY! But thanks to the fact that someone want's to make a Survival Games youtube channel EVERY DAY!!!! Now MCSG is getting so much exposure, which means more noobs. THAT IT'S TOO MUCH!

Just an fyi, (take it from the 4th guy ever to create a dedicated MCSG channel before this youtube explosion) YOUTUBEING GETS DIFFICULT! IT TAKES UP YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! COMMENT AFTER COMMENT! RANDOM PEOPLE WANTING YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR FRIENDS! A SKYPE REQUEST EVERY DAY! FLAME WARS IN THE COMMENTS! PEOPLE WHO YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED ADDING YOU AS A CONTACT! HARASSMENT'S FROM PEOPLE WHO YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY REPORTED FOR HACKING, SPAMMING, AND BEING JUST PLAIN RUDE! I WILL ADMIT NATE, BLAMPH, AND BAJAN ALL MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY, BUT IT'S NOT! PEOPLE UNSUBSCRIBE TO YOU IF YOU DON'T PUT UP LIKE 2 VIDEOS A DAY! AND LET'S BE REAL, UNLESS YOUTUBE IS YOUR JOB, THAN IT'S PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT OUT SO MANY VIDEOS!

Okay my apologies, look what the community as done, it has turned one of it's most patient players, into a person who is insane! But onto my next topic... hackers.

I remember back when we all hated NCP and I had created a thread about how NCP is just making it harder to report hackers and easier for hackers to hide. Every time I created a thread like that, it lasted about 3 days before all of the moderators had their chance at saying something before it was locked. And this is the comments they had given me "You have absolutely no idea how much NCP is helping you. If it wasn't for NCP than their would be a countless amount of hackers. There was a time back when NCP did not exist on these servers, and there were hackers everywhere.". What I wanted to say : "OK LOOK IT, I HAVE MOST LIKELY BEEN AROUND IN THE COMMUNITY WAAAYYYY LONGER THAN YOU! AND I CAN TELL YOU THIS RIGHT NOW, THERE WAS AT MOST A HACKER EVERY 40 ROUNDS WHICH WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT THAT IS NOT A LOT! ALSO TO MENTION NO CHEAT PLUS IS JUST HIDING HACKERS WHICH IS ALLOWING THEM TO GET AWAY WITH HACKING, AND MAKING IT THAT MUCH HARDER TO BAN PEOPLE, WHEN HACKERS KNOW THEY CAN HIDE UNDER NCP THEN THEY TELL THEIR FRIENDS, THEREFORE MORE HACKERS, WHO TELL THEIR FRIENDS, AND SO FORTH." What I really said: " :rolleyes: " ONE OF THE MAIN CAUSES THAT HAD CAUSE THE INSANE AMOUNT OF HACKERS, IS ITSJERRYANDHARRY, AND IT'S NOT THAT CHANNEL THAT'S CAUSING THE HACKERS, IT'S THIS CHANNEL. MORE SPECIFICALLY VIDEOS LIKETHIS. JUST LOOK AT SOME OF THOSE COMMENTS! I HAVE BEEN ON TO THESE GUYS SINCE THESE VIDEOS FIRST CAME OUT. NOW WHENEVER IT'S A TOPIC ABOUT NCP A MODERATOR WILL ALWAYS TELL ME "Oh NCP wasn't that good, it made it difficult for people to pvp, and it's been allowing hackers to hide in the servers making it easier to hack and harder to report." Me: o_o . This leads me into my next topic, moderators....

Before anyone begins to argue with me on this statement, this is about some of the moderators, not all of the moderators. This will probably be my shortest topic as it's somewhat rare where I see stuff like this. Okay so I've noticed in some threads that some moderators like to exploit the idea that they are perfect and you are not. Now of course they don't come out and say " WE ARE PERFECT AND YOU ARE WRONG!" but SOME of them do a good job at making themselves feel good. Let me give you an example (and this actually happens) in a ban dispute put public in the wrong place, a person puts their hand on the bible in a homemade video and swears to God that they do not and hack and never will. But the moderators who had replied in that thread basically only cared about the fact that this makes them look bad. Some of the comments in which I had seen involved "WE ARE NOT THAT DUMB!" " WE LOOKED OVER THE EVIDENCE MANY TIMES!" "US MODERATORS KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING!" " WE KNOW WHAT HACKING LOOKS LIKE, AND THAT WAS DEFINITELY HACKS!" (when it clearly was not as this was recorded on the day of the major lag fest.) So as you can clearly see from some of these comments, the moderators did not handle the situation well and didn't really do their job which was to let the person know that this ban dispute is in the wrong place. Since they decided to handle the dispute right there, this is what they should have done and it is indeed stated in the bible. Proverbs 3:27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thy hand to do it. IT SAYS RIGHT THERE IN THE BIBLE!!!! UN-BAN HIM!!! STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOURSELF!!! HE HAS DONE HIS GOOD WHICH WAS HIM PUTTING HIS HAND ON THE BIBLE. NOW YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR GOOD WHICH IS TO UN-BAN HIM!!! So clearly I was disgusted by this, and was in fact going to make a video about this before I decided to keep it secret, and now since I'm basically quitting, why not let it out.

On to my final topic, the noobs. When playing MCSG back in the day noobs were just there to say "TEAM!" and have you kill them off later in the round, and I will admit I enjoyed being a noob, and I enjoyed having noobs in the round, because the noobs were usually 7 year old's who don't even know what the word Cornucopia means. They were nice to you, they congratulated you when you won, and would be fascinated by the fact that you could kill a team of three. I felt good playing MCSG, the community was so friendly, there really wasn't much of a thing called enemies because we all knew it was just a game, and we would be happy (unless you were winning 5 times a day) if we even finished like 10th. It was more strategic, it felt like, well, the hunger games. But noooowwww....... "BACCA'S UNITE!!!" " YOUR GOING DOWN" " YOUR A HACKER!!" " YOU SUCK!!!" I'M GOING TO REPORT YOU!!!" "MIAMI YOUR A NERD!!" " MIAMI STFU!!!" " MIAMI GTFO, I DONT EVEN NO WHO U R YOU PROBABLY JUST SUM NOOB WHOS ONLY BEN PLAYIN FOR 1 WEEK!!" Me in my head: YOUR THE NOOB!!! I'VE BEEN AROUND FOREVER, I BET YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A FREAKING SPIDER ARMY IS, OR THAT THERE USED TO BE HOSTILE MOBS, OR THAT SG 2 IS NOT A NEW MAP, OR THAT TIER TWO'S USED TO NEVER EXIST, OR THAT FULL DIAMOND ARMOR IS POSSIBLE, OR THAT 50 WINS IS NOT A LOT, OR THAT SG 4 IS NOT THE OLDEST MAP, OR THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN EVEN SPELL RIGHT OR USE PROPER GRAMMAR!!!! Me on the outside: MiamiSalcedo12 has left the server.

Okay so I realize that this is an insanely long post, but just think of it this way, this is my "I QUIT!" outgoing speech. Now I realize that it is not in Chad's power to get rid of new players as that would be fairly rude, but I do think some new rules need to be set up when MCSG V2 is realesed.... just saying... (btw this post took me 4 hours to type.)

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
More and more of the veteran players are leaving for this reason. Guess who will take their place? Hackers and noobs that don't deserve it. But they get the rank anyways because they won a lot. But in my point of view, there is no winner or loser, there's
I am fully agree.
Finally someone could make a so much commented thread about this.
I have left myself, I am only on the forum.
Most teams now for the time is so computive.
People are no longer playing for the joy.
Noobs is running around and putting their fists in my back for my points.
I have a avatar with me in a skully cave.
Everything is pure chaos, not fun.
People is starting to liek quotes.
CHAOS, CHAOS, CHAOS!
My teams needs a better name.
Once again, chaos.

Soon I need to put my powers into SG, and well... :( Put everyone in my army...

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty much surviving on the forums for right now, but I am hoping that I can play MCSG related things with MCSGv2, as well as MCSG Survival Servers. From what I hear, it's going to be soooo good.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, anyone who wants an illegitimate copy of fraps (recording software) 5mb, not a big file. I have it on mediafire, just send me a message for the link.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci