• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What kind of server should i start??

OrangepotatoMC

Tribute
Reaction score
it probably will start as a 32-64 slot and i will sell donorship
I NEED HELP
-What should donorship be?
-How mUch
-What type of server
-Who will donate??

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You wanna start your own server and tell us about it on here? That's advertising+not allowed, so please don't.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Your not allowed to advertise here. Ask your friends for help.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
I dont understand this as advertising for now. He is just asking for help and there is no ip or any other thing that you can head over to it. So as long as it stay at answers and there is nothing that he is advertising its allowed.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
This is not advertising.

EDIT: Please refrain from posting multiple of the same thread, I know it may have been an accident, but still. The other one will be deleted.

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to plan out the actual server first before even contemplating donors. Having a server isn't just about the money, yes you need to pay the running costs but nobody will even consider donating if they don't feel it's worth it. Also if you're wanting that many people on it think about whether you'll need a big staff team or not, think about what plugins you want, what theme if you have one, if you want to have things like spawn prebuilt for members or let them build themselves. I'd also advise looking into advertising techniques as its surprisingly difficult to get anyone you don't know personally to even hear about your server. Make sure there is something unique about it, that its well managed and everyone on it is mature and don't just do it for the money as that's the worst thing you can do. I have a few good friends who have attempted starting servers in the past - they are great people, were committed, the servers were well done - but they only got a couple people joining and so had to close shortly after.

To answer you questions about donors though - the price should be relative to what you get and I'd suggest no more than $100 (although I'd advise against having anything at this price when starting up) and as for who will buy it well, anyone who feels its worth it. Aside from that, good luck if you go ahead with this I hope you succeed.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Also make sure it is something fairly original. Maybe wait for when the new aether mod comes out and make a server out of that ;)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
First, something that will generate a player base is most important. From experience this has been competition, such as combat, spleefing anything that gives players a goal and the ability to become and brag about being "better" then other players. Although this does bring in the annoyance of complaints and cheaters it will benefit you in the long run as players are more prone to joining these types of servers frequently.

Secondly, originality. This isn't actually required, because it's a lot more challenging and more prone to failing; but take Shotbow's Minez or MCSG; extremely successful. There is a problem with this though, like I said it's a lot harder to manage as generally it'll require non-public resources such as a clean-cut website, a custom plugin and a unique idea. It's fine to have a normal pvp server, a faction server or heck another gamemode server with modes such as the survival games but it will not be as successful (unless you've done the correct advertisement).

Lastly, money. Unless you have a high paying job and can afford the server host being upgraded and paying for website fees and plugin developers etc you'll need a source of income coming from the server which is being worked hard on. Never, for example; give player's who donate godmode, maxed enchanted weapons and tons of diamonds per spawn, especially if your server will have a valuable economy. Keep it something simple - chat colour, server priority, voting weight (if you have some similar system) and/or really tiny benifets that don't change gameplay for other players putting them too much into a disadvantage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci