• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What is necroposting? Is it allowed? Mistakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Hello ,
I've seen a lot of members
necroposting the threads. What's necroposting?
So basically, you joined MCGamer's forum and you want to be so active to get trophies for future upgrades. You start to reply on everyone's posts and threads. That's good. But if the thread is older then 1 month it will be considered as a necro. It's like rising the thread from the dead. It is not allowed but exceptions can be made in the sections as people's thought may still be necessary within the thread.

***These mistakes are mostly made with members who want to apply for
Staff member***

I hope I helped you guys.
Have a nice day,

Exzy

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
It really depends on weather or not the staff believe the thread is still relevant or not, some threads may be relevant but there may be new threads with the same topic replacing them. Lots of the time it is just a thread reported to them by a user for necroing and they don't really check to see if it is still relevant or not.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah, ofcourse it deppends on thread.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
If you think someone necro posted, just hit the report button and write as reason "Necro post" it'll be up to the staff team wether to lock the thread or not. If you believe a thread has been locked for a necro post, even though the thread is still relevant, hit the report button again and write as reason "Thread is still relevant" if the staff decide it is; it'll be reopened again.

TL;DR just use the report button ;)

Hiskers

Tribute
Reaction score
Necroposting is pretty much when the thread is inactive for over a month, and someone posts on it. This action will result in the thread being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci