• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What is a double post and why are they annoying?

You like?

• Total voters

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hai-

Double posts, Double posts, Double posts, Oh how they annoy us all. I've seen my fair share of Double posts, and also my fair share of people who aren't even sure what a double post is. This 'guide' of sorts is to explain what a double post is, and why everyone hates them.

What is a Double Post? Imagine yourself on a incredibly sexy thread, you have so much to say about the thread that completely forget to include something important! (Oh noes!) You quickly react and reply again with your added idea, Ex;

duckluv321- Here's your avatar. Looks a bit like a dog that was hit by a flying Pizza Roll and covered in Narwhal sauce. Hope you like it!
duckluv321- Whoops! Forgot to include that I think my cat is sexy. Sorry ;) That right up there, is a double post. Any thread, anywhere, that you reply to more than once without someone commenting between the posts, is a double post, and unless you'd like to start World War III, don't double post.

How can I add my additional idea(s) without double posting? Let's back up a little bit. Instead of double posting, try this; 1- Find your first post. 2- Make your way to the bottom of your post and click the 'Edit' button.
3- Add your additional ideas wherever it makes sense. If the additional idea doesn't make sense with the rest of the post, simply type "EDIT: {Your additional idea}" at the bottom of the post. That way, your not double posting or making your thread confusing, your simply adding it and letting others know it's a new idea. If you're totally lost right now, a basic solution is to wait patiently for someone else to post then add your idea.
What's so bad about double posting?
Everyone has their own opinion as to why it's annoying, but personally I find it annoying because it consumes the thread more than it has to. Nobody wants a 5-page thread filled with people double, even triple posting. Editing a post is essentially clutter-free, and keeps people's 'Alerts' from being spammed.
---------------------------
Thanks for reading this <3. Hope I could clear up any confusion anyone might have had :) Let me know if I should add anything. *Note- The possibility of there already being a thread about this, is quite good. If there is, I'm sorry for stealing your thunder :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci