• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

|WARNING|Minecraft Phishing Attack!!!!

BraveHeartedOne

Platinum
Reaction score
Over the past few days I have noticed people spamming in the hub saying 'Visit Minecon.CF for a free Minecon Cape of your choice! 384 384' This is definitely a Minecraft Phishing attack if you don't know what phishing is I will explain it to you.

phish·ing
ˈfiSHiNG/
noun
noun: phishing
  1. the activity of defrauding an online account holder of financial information by posing as a legitimate company.
    "phishing exercises in which criminals create replicas of commercial Web site
This attack is essentially fraud and is a crime that is punishable by serious fines and even jail-time. So you have to be very alert for this sort of thing, I will give you a few tips to avoid people stealing your information.

TIPs
1. Do NOT click on any suspicious links
2. In emails be wary of spam or website's with URL's similar to those of popular websites.
e.g. www.minecraftGE.net
3. Do NOT give login or credit card details to any website unless you are sure it is legitimate
4. Phishing attacks usually come in the form of giveaway's, insane deals, or free stuff.
e.g. Minecon Cape
5.Use your common sense sometimes that is the best thing to do.

Screenshots
upload_2014-8-8_17-38-13.png

upload_2014-8-8_17-40-37.png

Hope you will all heed my warning and remember to stay safe
-Brave

Attachments

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
Thanks, this sure will help a lot of people.

Waffles

District 13
Reaction score
They just don't give away Minecon capes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci