• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting System

Do you like the new voting system where and map with one vote can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I understand that MCSG now uses a new voting system. If you don't already know it is a system where any map can win even if it has one vote. I see it as picking it out of a hat. Every vote equals another name in the hat. I believe this system unfair. There are many times where a vote is 15-3 (or something similar) and the map with three votes wins. I like the majority rules system because it is always going to be most votes wins. Picking names out of a hat for a map isn't the best way to do it. I still love MCSG but this is one of my pet peeves about it. I would still play if they didn't change it but I want to know what you think.

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
I like it.
This new system has allowed me to play maps I love like SG5, SG1 much more now, when I never used to be able to play them. :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I like it.
This new system has allowed me to play maps I love like SG5, SG1 much more now, when I never used to be able to play them. :)
I see that point of view. The thing is when your favorite map is an option and it loses even though it had 15 or 20 votes it gets a little annoying.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe this system unfair. There are many times where a vote is 15-3 (or something similar) and the map with three votes wins. I like the majority rules system because it is always going to be most votes wins. Picking names out of a hat for a map isn't the best way to do it.
This is actually the most fair way of chosing maps, if a map gets 15 votes there will be 15 papers in the hat with that name on it, and the map with 3 votes will have only 3. Which would mean that map with 15 votes would have a much better change to be picked.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
It's annoying occasionally, but it's good for a change :D Look on the bright side kid

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
This is actually the most fair way of chosing maps, if a map gets 15 votes there will be 15 papers in the hat with that name on it, and the map with 3 votes will have only 3. Which would mean that map with 15 votes would have a much better change to be picked.
If we had the old system it would be more fair. I am fine with either one, though.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci