• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

VIP/Mod Rank!?

Do you like the idea of VIP/moderator rank?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Meh not bad!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, shouldn't be implemented!

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Baes,

So Gizm is back with another awesome idea (hope so). So the title could be seen as misleading, but I'm going to explain my idea so you get what it means :p

What is a VIP/mod rank?
A VIP/mod rank is a half red and half purple rank that is given to people who are both VIPs and moderators.

What is the purpose of this?
The purpose of it is to let players know that they are a extremely helpful member to mcsg as they have submitted something for mcsg AND is a moderator. This legs them be seen is a much more valuable person.

How could this be made?
Now I ain't no coder/plugin developer but maybe devs could just /nick players that are VIPs and moderators and colour code it so it's purple and red! I'm sure it's more complicated than that but just a idea :p

Why I want to do this.
So obviously this doesn't benefit myself, so this isn't a personal benefit, but I'd love this idea to be implemented for the benefits of others. I feel like VIP is more special than moderator, and people who are both should be recognised for that since it's not always noticed by all members of the community.

So, I hope you liked my idea! I was gonna bring this up in focus group but I just couldn't resist! Tell what you think and what you think could be improved! Look forwarded to seeing replies!

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
I mean, I like it, but it's not really a necessary feature.

Tryhard_Batman

Diamond
Reaction score
Good idea, but not really needed. If it were to be added, it wouldn't be a high priority.
Well said. The idea seems like an add-on, but I don't know if Mod/VIP's would want this feature to apply to them by default. If this was an optional feature, I think it would be a great idea; and as DatPikachu said, it isn't on the top of the developer's priority list. Having said that, an optional feature would require more work (as they would either have to manually give VIP/Mods the feature or create a plugin for the VIP/ Mods to choose). In conclusion, it seems like a great idea, but it seems like a lot of work.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Well said. The idea seems like an add-on, but I don't know if Mod/VIP's would want this feature to apply to them by default. If this was an optional feature, I think it would be a great idea; and as DatPikachu said, it isn't on the top of the developer's priority list. Having said that, an optional feature would require more work (as they would either have to manually give VIP/Mods the feature or create a plugin for the VIP/ Mods to choose). In conclusion, it seems like a great idea, but it seems like a lot of work.
Yeah agreed :p

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
As nice as the thought may be, I don't see the need for this rank. It would end up being more of a bragging right than anything. VIP's can apply for mod, they can get mod, and when they retire their rank will be appended if they maintain the criteria they had in the first place.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah... the only real use for this rank would be for popularity. Mods have nearly every command that a VIP does, and if a mod does gain the VIP rank, it will be bestowed on them after their time as a staff member is over.

CaptainBullDog

Diamond
Reaction score
Good idea and what about if u are diamond donor and than if u buy platinum , than u can get : Chad thedj

Attorah

Platinum
Reaction score
Don't see the point of this as most YouTubers which were mods resigned so they could focus on their YouTube more when they were eligible to apply for VIP as it is less work for them; especially as being a moderator or YouTuber is a lot of work on its own, let alone having the responsibility of both roles. Just seems a bit pointless and I don't think it will be used...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci