• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Unnecessarily long signatures

Should there be restrictions for the size of a signature?

• Total voters

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
I will get straight to it, because I have a warm bath waiting for me. Some signatures are unnecessarily long. It has probably been that way since the birth of this website, but now it is starting to get frustrating. Long signatures make it harder to follow an ongoing conversation in a thread, at least for me. You don't NEED a long signature. You don't need to put ten memes in your signature, you don't need to put your clan's latest happenings in your signation, not if it takes up twenty- three lines of text.

Other websites have size- restrictions for how big a signature should be, why shouldn't we have some?

This is not a rage post, but give one reason why a signature needs to be trice as big as the post itself.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
I completely agree, and recently I have been ASKING people to shorten their signatures in PMs. I capitalised asking because that is all I can do, there is no rule against it so we cannot tell them to shorten it, and moreover even if we did tell them we could not back this up with a punishment as that would be an unjust ban.
Notice I went straight to ban, this is because there is no in between with the forum's, at least not with the way they are set up, it would be a great help to be able to discourage offenders on the forums temporarily.
However until we actually get this on the rules that would be of no use anyway, but I think my main point is that this is just one individual point that is highlighting a much larger issue on the forums, but rest assured I will continue to ask people to shorten their signatures where possible, and I encourage others to do this too, moderators or not.
Also vaangel... Yours is kinda big :/

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, just yes.
I completely agree, and recently I have been ASKING people to shorten their signatures in PMs. I capitalised asking because that is all I can do, there is no rule against it so we cannot tell them to shorten it, and moreover even if we did tell them we could not back this up with a punishment as that would be an unjust ban.
Notice I went straight to ban, this is because there is no in between with the forum's, at least not with the way they are set up, it would be a great help to be able to discourage offenders on the forums temporarily.
However until we actually get this on the rules that would be of no use anyway, but I think my main point is that this is just one individual point that is highlighting a much larger issue on the forums, but rest assured I will continue to ask people to shorten their signatures where possible, and I encourage others to do this too, moderators or not.
His is nothing compared to others, I've seen one today that is like 1/4th of a page, or around triple your post. Edit: Found it, CleverFalcon5000's signature.

Last edited:

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I like short, clever signatures. Long signatures are just a pain.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
The signature I am using is, as Chockalad says, nothing compared to many others'. If you find it too big, I will use a smaller one. However, I do think that as long as people don't get disturbed or unable to read my posts thanks to my signature, it is not a problem.

Also, if this thread is in the wrong section, please move it to where it belongs. "Feature Suggestions" seemed to be Survival Games- related suggestions only.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
The signature I am using is, as Chockalad says, nothing compared to many others'. If you find it too big, I will use a smaller one. However, I do think that as long as people don't get disturbed or unable to read my posts thanks to my signature, it is not a problem.

Also, if this thread is in the wrong section, please move it to where it belongs. "Feature Suggestions" seemed to be Survival Games- related suggestions only.
I was more saying that in some instances, my idea of a good size may be different to yours.
CleverFalcon5000 His signature is too big...
I have contacted Cleverfalcon, hopefully he will shorten his signature.

Last edited:

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
How short do you want a signature? I noticed my name has been mentioned here a lot because, all the memes I had saved for my websites attatched themselves to my signature here, so sorry about that, :(
I can understand a long signature messing up the forums, but everybody has their own style and if it is reasonable, it should still be allowed
I am going to keep mine at 2 to 3 from now on, sorry about my lil mixup :p
But if you really think this is such a big deal, I suggest an official forum rule be made

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I thought there used to be an automatic size restriction...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci