• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Trying to get an alt, seems to be tougher than it should be.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Decided to get an alt. Whatever. I have Paypal, and money.

I go to Minecraft.net, and create a new Mojang account.

As I'm in the process of making a new Minecraft profile, I see the payment options (Direct credit card, Paypal, and 2 other sites, (don't really trust them))

I enter in the card number (this is a prepaid visa gift card) and it doesn't work. Apparently since the visa giftcards are US only, you can't use them directly.

I did more research, and learned you can link them to your Paypal, and use that for it.

Sure enough, you can, but when I have the info and stuff on Paypal, and I hit enter, it begins processing. It says you can close the tab, and wait for the email, so I do. It says it may take a few hours, but most take a minute or 2 to process. I browse the forums, do some homework, come back. No email. I go back to the website. It takes me back to the part where you choose your username...

Anyone have experience, and can help?

I will answer questions,

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Triping

Platinum
Reaction score
Decided to get an alt. Whatever. I have Paypal, and money.

I go to Minecraft.net, and create a new Mojang account.

As I'm in the process of making a new Minecraft profile, I see the payment options (Direct credit card, Paypal, and 2 other sites, (don't really trust them))

I enter in the card number (this is a prepaid visa gift card) and it doesn't work. Apparently since the visa giftcards are US only, you can't use them directly.

I did more research, and learned you can link them to your Paypal, and use that for it.

Sure enough, you can, but when I have the info and stuff on Paypal, and I hit enter, it begins processing. It says you can close the tab, and wait for the email, so I do. It says it may take a few hours, but most take a minute or 2 to process. I browse the forums, do some homework, come back. No email. I go back to the website. It takes me back to the part where you choose your username...

Anyone have experience, and can help?

I will answer questions,
Make an alternative PayPal send money from your pre paid card to from one PayPal to the next, then use the PayPal balance one. Prepaid cards do not work

c o l t o n

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmm, well I usually use visa cards as well, and I just hook them up to a paypal. So what I'm guessing is that

• You don't have your paypal account fully set up, which I sincerely doubt this.
  • There is a fault with the card it self.
  • You haven't confirmed your e-mail address with paypal.
if these don't work then add me on skype : call.me.god.yo, I might be able to help.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmm, well I usually use visa cards as well, and I just hook them up to a paypal. So what I'm guessing is that

• You don't have your paypal account fully set up, which I sincerely doubt this.
  • There is a fault with the card it self.
  • You haven't confirmed your e-mail address with paypal.
if these don't work then add me on skype : call.me.god.yo, I might be able to help.
1. I don't have the social security number linked up, BUT that is needed for hooking a bank account, which I don't do obviously (note I've paid for several donor ranks, so paypal works.)
2. Maybe, it is new, although I registered it on the visa gift card site with my zip code so it can work online.
3. I have.

I'll add you on skype, Just in case something pops into your head. Thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci