• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Treetops (My first SG Map, WIP, One pic)

mat7772

Tribute
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say this. The name is likely to change. My idea is to have pathways leading from the top of a tree to the top of another, each having a mini treehouse in it. (although there is an island with a house on the ground, although I shall get to that later in development.

Current stage: Terraforming

I am using voxelsniper and worldedit for this

Screenshots:
(Will look better when I add in water)

The main idea of this topic is to make me continue on this map at the moment, gotta have that extra motivation. :p

For now, be excited for the screenshots (that will take a long time to come :p)

Last edited:

mat7772

Tribute
Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, but I gotta get my thread on the first page, also, new screenshot. (Will look better when I add in water, also I gotta put leaves on the big tree)

Last edited:

CWilson98

Survivor
Reaction score
If you're building an open space map - terraforming, trees and buildings need to be visually attractive. So far, not bad, but I would look more into adding buildings and other structures.

The theme is a little ordinary. I get the idea that you want players to travel amongst the treetops, but from the looks of the map so far, it looks dull and boring. Add some contrast, don't make the map a regular Minecraft world with a few extra trees, some mediocre structures and a load of chests everywhere. Make it interesting. Think of a more creative theme than just running on top of trees.

I'd recommend finding a building team to some degree. Just a group of friends to help you may speed up the process and produce a better outcome.

Anyway, don't give up! Brainstorm a little and then come back to the map with fresh new ideas. Good luck!

mat7772

Tribute
Reaction score
If you're building an open space map - terraforming, trees and buildings need to be visually attractive. So far, not bad, but I would look more into adding buildings and other structures.

The theme is a little ordinary. I get the idea that you want players to travel amongst the treetops, but from the looks of the map so far, it looks dull and boring. Add some contrast, don't make the map a regular Minecraft world with a few extra trees, some mediocre structures and a load of chests everywhere. Make it interesting. Think of a more creative theme than just running on top of trees.

I'd recommend finding a building team to some degree. Just a group of friends to help you may speed up the process and produce a better outcome.

Anyway, don't give up! Brainstorm a little and then come back to the map with fresh new ideas. Good luck!
First of all, it's not really on top of the trees, but rather pretty much below the leaves (the trees will also be pretty tall). And there will be paths connecting one tree to another, but it will be a risk travelling on top of them since you can be knocked to the ground by a skilled archer.

Anyway, I really appreciate your opinion. It's actually something that will help me build a better map. But I do think the idea is pretty creative, and it may be difficult to build some detailed structures, but I'll hopefully get to it.

And with the build team idea, I don't think that I can "portforward" my server because of my router. I do everything correctly, but when I put the gateway thing into the address bar, nothing comes up (my friend also has the same router as me and experiences the same problem).

Also, the island in the picture is actually an island where you don't travel on trees, and I plan on adding a little secret area which will be triggered by a switch to make it more interesting (kind of like on SG Highway).

Thanks for your opinion. :)

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci