• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Too large signatures

Do you think signatures should have size restrictions?

• Yes, It gets pretty annoying when I want to read a thread and it takes up half the page.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Nuuuuu! I want my clan picture, all my kills, and my favorite screenshots and Gifs all at once!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I could care less. It doesn't bother me at all either way.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Christian

Experienced
Reaction score
I would recommend that those who want to show a lot in their signature can put them in spoiler tags, making it easier for others to browse threads without sacrificing the things on your signature.
I was thinking almost the exact same thing. Also, when there are fairly large amounts of GIF's on one page, it can really slow down a computer.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I use my device simply due to the fact everytime I go on my computer to forum, all these adds pop up and they are really annoying. ;-;

I'd say a good 1.4k of my posts have been made on my device. :)

The most extreme part about it though, on school break/holidays I stay up till 4 am in the morning forumming, because it is the only time I get to interact with the other forummers. ;-;
Yeah, I used to have some really annoying ad-viruses on my computer, and all over Google Chrome, so I installed Adblocker. It's really helpful c:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
o_o when I first got into foruming, there was a signature limit of half of the screen. Nowadays, I see people posting around the forums with signatures that take up two full screens that I have to scroll through.
:c
pls reinstate this rule.

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
The reason I really want a spoiler button or shortened signatures is because when I want to breeze through a thread to look at what people said, the signatures take up A LOT of the page. I don't mind a few pictures and stats, I'm talking about the people with HUGE pictures, or have lots of gifs. Especially the ones that go vertical rather than horizontal. I remember for awhile, some people put Gravey4rd 's leaderboard games stats when he went that period of never losing. THAT took up half a page per post. I like what KitMencha does for an example, he has three different pictures, but with spoiler buttons so that I don't have to see them every post. If everyone with large signatures had that, I think that would solve the entire issue.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
I put a lot of my signature into spoilers, but the spoilers broke after a couple of weeks. Don't think I've fixed it yet.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Spoilers are great. For instance, as mentioned by Kame , my signature below.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
When using Flexile Dark theme, spoilers automatically load as opened, so they still take up a ton of space.
*Verified by Zaex, not me
Just tested that, yeah it's right but you can close them.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
You can close them, but they are open by default.
When using Flexile Dark theme, spoilers automatically load as opened, so they still take up a ton of space.
*Verified by Zaex, not me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci