• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips For New Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
The start of the games

Once you have successfully logged into a game that is now in the lobby you will have under 5 minutes till you are teleported to the arena. You can vote for the arena of your choice by doing:
/v 1 (this votes for map 1)
/v 2 (this votes for map 2)
/v 3 ( this votes for map 3)

Once in the arena a countdown will begin till when the games begin so prepare to sprint. There are 2 main tactics used at the start that usually lead to a successful game.

1. Charge in to the middle (the cornocopia) and get as much stuff as you can (usually 1 chest, 2 if noone goes in the chest either side of you)

2. Run outwards at the start getting less equipment to start with but avoid the central bloodbath and have a good chance at getting to other chests before others do.

As a new player you won't really know of many chests to begin with so try to spot chests wherever you go.

Hunting

Now that you have been through a few chests hopefully you now have some decent armour and a sword. These are your esentials for survival. Food is also an important item but without a way to defend yourself you will die. Now it's time to hunt down other players to gather resourses, get points and narrow down the competition.

Here it is key to remember that other players will have equipment too so you need to judge them based against yourself:

1. Nothing of any value equipt = very easy kill but most likely nothing of value. Still worth killing but not worth wasting time over if it is coming up to night.

2. Some equipment = some threat as they can do what you are doing too and hunt down other players and get stronger. Worth killing off if possible.

3. Similar equipment = quite a bad threat as if you make 1 mistake against them they could finish you just as you can finish them.

4. Tanked = Dangerous. Unless you are tanked it is advised to stay away from these people as they can take tons of hits and hit back hard.

Night and Refills
Every night about a minute after the sun sets it will say "Sponsors have refilled all the chests" This is why heading back to spawn just before nightfall is a good advantage as the chests at spawn are plentiful and have good stuff in them. It is possible to not go back to spawn but it's a good place to get more equipment if you need it and a good way of getting more kills if you are pretty well equipped.
I hope this helps anyone who had any queries on how to survive.
kezzer :p

Raining_TNT

Spectator
Reaction score
Pretty basic stuff, however, there was some stuff that i didnt know of at my first 10 games.

So i can imagine that this could be a good learning material for new players :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci