• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TheRandomMans Guide for begginers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm TheRandomMan1000 and today I decided to write up a begginer strategy guide. It will be split into 4 sections - Chests, Pvp, Crafting/hunger, and Misc.

Chests - Chests are the most essenial part of the survival games, without them would be barbarians beating eachother with seeds and our fists. Here are some of my tips -
  • Prepare a "Route" of chests. As in, I want to go here here here and here. Make sure the route is lined with alot of chests, so if someoe loots several of yours it's no big deal. You should also prepare one for each map.
  • Shift click all the way! It sounds simple, but never forget to shist click each item from the chest rather than dragging it from chest to inventory.
  • At the corn.... It's a smart idea to go to corn, but it's risky if someone gets a sword they may kill you. Although the corn has all good chests, you may be better off skipping it. My point is this is your choice, based on how many chests your route holds.
  • Priority. If you and 1 other get to the same chest at the same time you don't have the luxury of having everything. Take items in this order - Weapons, food, armor, useful (Map, flint and steel, clocks) then Misc.
Pvp - Pvp is the another important element of the SG servers. Here are some tips.
  • Don't always run... When you see someone with a slighly better sword don't always run, compare armor and other tricks up your sleeve. Never underestimate flint and steel....
  • Circles! When overpowered, use the environment. Dart around trees to flank him , and most importantly... Run around him so you can hit him when he can't hit you!
  • The mobs... Fight mobs like you would in SPBe careful around creepers, use skeletons to collect arrows, and zombies can be a valid food source.
  • Bows. Use them well, keep them in your inventory next to you sword to switch between lethal weapons. Aim straight, Katniss.
  • Order of operations? Remember, Gold swords < Wood sword < Stone sword < Iron sword < Diamond sword. As for armor, Leather armor < Gold armor < chain armor < Iron amor < Diamond armor
Crafting/Food - They aren't call the Hunger Games for nothing... Oh wait these are The Survival Games. You get my point.
  • Learn the locations of all the crafting tables, as of 1.0 the only map 1 crafting table is in the corn, but map 2 has one at the end of each road.
  • Noms. Food is high prioroity, without it you can't re-gen health. You may even starve. Keep an eye out for food sources, pigs, chickens, cows, chests, and mushrooms.
  • Swords! Any ingot, gem, or plank can be useful, never skip over iron or even gold. You'll almost always regrit it when you get that second ingot.
  • Bowls and gold, although they seem very useless they are used to create golden apples and mushroom stew, two of the best food sources!
Misc. - Just a little bit more left.
  • Sprint jump if you are being chased or have bountiful food, say goodbye to your hunger bar.
  • Certain chests have better items, like ones that have parkour, puzzles, or any type of deadly element. I.E. The leaning towers or the cornupcopia chests.
  • Fishing is good if you run low on food, but fishing rods fare well in combat also.
  • Push Ssssssss....ing creepers at your enemies.
  • Teaming up then splitting off is a useful act of betrayal, just watch your back.
  • Optifine is allowed and helps weaker computers
  • Watch the trees, beware of foxfaces.
  • Don't get banned. Or you just read all this for nothing.
  • Be kind, maybe then everyone won't be as compelled to make you the first dead.
  • Gl!

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good tutorial but you forgot chain armour.

Also

• Lower ground will get easier hits.
  • When falling you will get a criticial hit wich does more damage so somethimes it's better to jump in a cobweb so you always get a critical.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Also

• When falling you will get a criticial hit wich does more damage so somethimes it's better to jump in a cobweb so you always get a critical.
Thanks for that, I didn't think about cobwebs.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Well made but it's always the same tips in all thread so...

Reaction score

Also

Thanks, I'm adding chain in now.
Also, I'm not sur about the lower v higher ground thing. I always preferred the high ground. It's debatable, but I'm gonna remove it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci