• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Ultimate Question - How can I fix lag?

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
(EDIT: Pointed out by MoLoToV, the "Lag" I am relating with this post pertains to Frame Rate, rather than Ping time.)
I have people asking me all the time, "How can I fix my lag?"
Now, while there are many solutions to this, the only ones that will really have a lasting effect are upgrading components. Before I go into this however, I want to state that Minecraft does not use the CPU more than the Graphics Card, as once thought.

Option 1: Get a new Processor
Simply stated and easy to follow, getting a new, more powerful processor will definitely improve the performance your computer has while playing many games.

Option 2: Get a new Graphics Card
This option, just from experience, I would recommend over the original, especially if you have a computer that barely stutters along at 10FPS on minimum. Even a lower-end GPU, such as the NVIDIA GeForce GT640 will be able to increase your FPS tenfold on maximum settings. This card will run you around 45 dollars.

Lastly, get a new computer.
This option is probably the hardest one to accomplish, especially since high-end computers are high-priced. Although, if you want to save a few bucks and build your own, you can use things like PCPartPicker to help you choose what components to purchase for your new system.

Hope this helps anyone facing these problems. Have a good one!

Last edited:

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
There is a difference between lagg and a bad framerate. Lagg is when you have a high ping which is most likely the cause of your internet connection and/or distance from the host. While having bad FPS actually had to do with your computer compenents.

Written on my phone sorry for any spelling mistakes :c

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
I see your point in today's community, however in the community of Minecraft that I began playing in, lag and ping were irrelevant. I used to see lag as just a term to describe frame skipping in games. But yea, I do see where you're coming from and how people may become confused on the topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci