• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Ultimate Computer

Qwackey

Platinum
Reaction score
Just a quick thread, on your opinion.
Which computer/ computer set ups are the best?

They can be custom built or company manufactured.

Please link information and photos, and possibly the price it would cost

Thank you and I will be making this thread better when I get on my computer and not my tiny cracked IPhone ;-;

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Z99 motherboard, with a core i7 5960x processor, 32G DDR4 Memory, GTX 980 in SLI. I am a bit nerdy but its one of the best.

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
Just whatever you do, make sure you custom build it.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok here we go off the top of my head

i7 5960x extreme edition CPU

Quad SLI Titan Z (maybe even quad Quadros) [or duel idk if they're dual gpu each card]

AX 1500i psu

64GB 3333mhz ddr4 memory

Mad custom watercooling loop with a swiftech pump

Triple 144hz monitors

Last edited:

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Z99 motherboard, with a core i7 5960x processor, 32G DDR4 Memory, GTX 980 in SLI. I am a bit nerdy but its one of the best.
The 980s in SLI are about the same as SLI 780ti's

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok here we go off the top of my head

i7 5960x extreme edition CPU

Quad SLI Titan Z (maybe even quad Quadros) [or duel idk if they're dual gpu each card]

AX 1500i psu

64GB 3333mhz ddr4 memory

Mad custom watercooling loop with a swiftech pump

Triple 144hz monitors
Oh, and u do realize that the Quadros are not for gaming, they are for video editing, using multiple monitors at once - so game devlopers would use this.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
But the GTX 980's have better power performance compared to the 780ti and is overall just a much smarter card.
Just saying he asked for the best setup, so i gave him best performance wise setup.
ontop of that, the quadros have about the same architecture as the 980s (they're releasing a new one soon) and are FAR more reliable as they have been factory tested and are made to not fail for extended use over long periods of time.
I do see your point however, the 980's draw much less power from your psu, but in my opinion sli 980s doesnt even compare to sli titan z. the titan z will give you 24GB frame buffer in two way SLI and over 2200MHZ of power, making it the #1 For any cpu setup that wants to be the best

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
tbh all the setups listed so far are a bit stupid unless you have some specific application in mind for them

Let's go ahead and assume the OP's question was 'the ultimate GAMING computer'. Where to start- CPU. We don't need to delve into extreme edition territory to max out *useful* CPU power for games. At most, I'd say an i7-5930K would be the best option.

For GPU, this could be where we need to go a little overboard, so for this let's say 2 GTX 780s in SLI (780s are near as makes no difference as powerful as a regular Titan). Alternatively, I like the new R9 295x2 :>

Motherboard? An X99 board because we're running a Haswell-E processor. Has to have enough PCI-E lanes (4) for the GPUs, which most do, so really any X99 board will do.

Do we need really high-grade RAM for gaming? Nope. Let's go with a 2x8GB kit of Corsair Vengeance RAM.

If we wanted to go all out with storage, we'd ditch HDDs completely and go with a full-SSD memory array of 5-6 120GB drives. Either that or we could use HDDs and set them up in a RAID configuration of choice- RAID 0 for speed (IIRC). The latter option gives us more space too, but at the cost of the unrivaled speed offered by the SSDs. It'd probably cost half as much as a full SSD array too.

For a PSU, we'd probably go for a 1500W one seeing as those dual 780s will be drawing out power like nobody's business (if put to full use that is).

Cooling would be by H20. Swiftech pump- best pumps IMO (use one in my own rig).

Case- Corsair 900D. Don't question it.

tl;dr this system is still incredibly overkill, not really worth the money for what you get out of it but technically it's the best or therein close to. Sure, there are systems that would outperform this- but I don't think any discernable difference could be noticed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci