• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The stages of a Youtube channel

Reaction score
This is what I have seen on YT.
Starting out
So this is when people start out. Early stages. If you want to move out of this you have to,

• Post daily or at least 4 times a week. People like it when you post often.
  • Be creative. There are so many SG youtubers these days. You have to be a "special one"
  • Variety. Don't do SG everyday mix it up with other games/other gamemodes
  • Good Mic. This is what you need to succeed.
  • Collab. If you collab you will make friends plus you will gain more subscribers!

Rise to fame
You finally get a breakthrough. You are at you're peak. You have active subscribers. This is when people get greedy and stop doing this for fun. Remember to be yourself. So after hundreds of videos you start getting fame and people start to contact you for collabs. You happily do them and then you usually get in a group. You start out a SMP and it doesn't get as many views as you're SG (unless it's a big SMP like the cube)

Decline in views.

There are two views in this:
So you are bored of SG at this point with over 400+ episodes you are sick of it. You don't have fun. You're other series don't get views so you are forced do do SG. You get boring. You're PVP skills drop. You say I am done and you continue on with you're other series. There are a decline in views. You went from 5,000+ views to barely 500

Other story:
You're fans are bored of the same old SG. You suck at survival and you're freinds popular friends have stopped talking to you. You get 100 views now.
*Views are not to scale, meaning there can be more views there can be less. It is a specific example.

Ways to gain views again!
  • Start a new channel. It is they way to start again, play other video games. There is no pressure and viewers can decide if they want to watch you!
  • Find something new. Find a new game. Find a new group. This is what Kermit did and look at him! He is in the cube!

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Never seen this happen on YouTube as you say it has

Fluxion326

Platinum
Reaction score
If you make super high quality content and release it 2-3 times a week, people will be checking there sub boxes daily to see if you uploaded, waiting for the day that you do and savoring every moment of the video you make.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Nowadays, few people want to sit down for 10-20 minutes and watch an SG game when they could be playing it. I'd say that 3 videos a week in fine, but one every day or even 4-5 a week is something people don't have time for (or don't want to make time for).

K

KiDD

I agree with what people have been saying above. Uploading every day on a small subscriber account (even thousands), will drain you and your subscribers. So uploading 2-3 times a week, possibly everyday is an okay rate of videos.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Nowadays, few people want to sit down for 10-20 minutes and watch an SG game when they could be playing it. I'd say that 3 videos a week in fine, but one every day or even 4-5 a week is something people don't have time for (or don't want to make time for).
Plus it's less stress for the Youtubers to post all the time. It works out for everyone haha. I personally find it tensionous and stressful to record MCSG all the time. Most of my daily videos are small PvP based things like 1v1s, MCSG clips, Badlion fights, etc. As we speak I'm rendering a few Kohi clips for the next couple of days c:

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh, Game Theory made a video on this:

You should watch it. It covers on Youtube subs, rate of views, rate to upload, and more. Matt tells it all.

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Find this thread biased simply because you don't do Youtube.
The start of the thread was alright, but then the thread started losing quality. No one really can't give the best of advice if he hasn't tried Youtube and is successful.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Find this thread biased simply because you don't do Youtube.
The start of the thread was alright, but then the thread started losing quality. No one really can't give the best of advice if he hasn't tried Youtube and is successful.
and based this thread off privatefearless

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci