• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The ship in map 1 - discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabiatic

Spectator
Reaction score
I was just wondering what your opinion is on the ship in map 1, containing 2 small and 6 large chests full of items. I've been struggling to make an opinion on whether it should be there or not.

On one side, it creates a real fun strategy in the game: Skipping the middle chests and run like hell towards the ship. This option makes the game more exciting, especially when 2-3 people skip the chests and go for the ship.

On another side, however, the ship also causes some minor imbalances. If more than 1 person decides to skip the starting chests and run straight for the ship, there is some spawning imbalances. If one spawns further away from the ship and wants to go for the strategy, it becomes a lot harder to pull off, as you have to run significantly faster than another person who goes for the same strategy, but spawns closer.

But do you guys think? Is the ship a good or bad addition to the map? Should it be removed/tweaked? Discuss.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the first two single chests never have anything in them but don't take my word for it. Just to add :p

RenoAshford

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the first two single chests never have anything in them but don't take my word for it. Just to add :p
The first 2 single chests may or may not have stuff, I've seen one of them with something and the other with nothing, it's all just random.

I don't think the ship causes any imbalances, the first map really doesn't have anything completely special, you have to make armour if you want anything other than leather. You can get anything you want from other chests; I sometimes go for the ship, others not depending how many people are running there. It kills off a few people also, and is quite fun trying to take over.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
People may spawn farther away from the boat, but they all spawn at an equal distance to the cornucopia which is the whole point of that. It just sucks to be you if your stategy involves running straight for the boat, and so does someone else's strategy who happened to spawn closer to it.

The boat does not cause any imbalances. If you don't have any items, you can probably get killed by the masses of mobs in that area.

Rabiatic

Spectator
Reaction score
People may spawn farther away from the boat, but they all spawn at an equal distance to the cornucopia which is the whole point of that. It just sucks to be you if your stategy involves running straight for the boat, and so does someone else's strategy who happened to spawn closer to it.

The boat does not cause any imbalances. If you don't have any items, you can probably get killed by the masses of mobs in that area.
In my experience, running straight to the boat pays off easily if you are good at avoiding mobs. I don't think I've ever died to just the mobs in the area. And since you are almost guaranteed to get an iron sword, food and armor in the chests, this strategy often times pay off in contrast to going for the cornucopia, as you usually only get a little bit of good armor and food there. If you go to the ship, you can easily snipe off people that went for the cornucopia with no weapon, only decent armor. Therefore it is a question of imbalance, in my opinion at least.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
In my experience, running straight to the boat pays off easily if you are good at avoiding mobs. I don't think I've ever died to just the mobs in the area. And since you are almost guaranteed to get an iron sword, food and armor in the chests, this strategy often times pay off in contrast to going for the cornucopia, as you usually only get a little bit of good armor and food there. If you go to the ship, you can easily snipe off people that went for the cornucopia with no weapon, only decent armor. Therefore it is a question of imbalance, in my opinion at least.
I have died to the mobs because I don't often go to the boat, and I'm not used to the fast run for those ladders then run, close door, loot chests, run out.
I agree though, I should add it to my map 1 strategy. I normally play the 48T and therefore the 2nd map because I like it more.
I still think it's not imbalanced though.

Reaction score
Those are quite intelligent and valid pints. I would have to prefer that is is kept however, due to the nature of the map. Without a hub, or a pulling factor to come to spawn and therefore drawing players together, the game can be quite prolonged.

Sincerely,
Alex J. McGersey

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Good Points.

The boat should stay as it is a good strategy.

These days, the boat has bigger blood baths then the Corn 0_o'

jellywish

Tribute
Reaction score
iron swords don't spawn in chests. you can get the mats to make one though.

as for the question of imbalance, the answer is no. The ship offers high risk - high reward scenario and requires skill to complete. If you happen to spawn at the other side of cornucopia you still have chance to get the ship if youre a good runner or if there are for example mobs in the chest room which slow down the first looters.

Of course if a player is the only one who heads to the ship and gets goodies without any competition then its just other ppl playing bad. no imbalance there either

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
iron swords don't spawn in chests. you can get the mats to make one though.

as for the question of imbalance, the answer is no. The ship offers high risk - high reward scenario and requires skill to complete. If you happen to spawn at the other side of cornucopia you still have chance to get the ship if youre a good runner or if there are for example mobs in the chest room which slow down the first looters.

Of course if a player is the only one who heads to the ship and gets goodies without any competition then its just other ppl playing bad. no imbalance there either
Like he said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci