• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Hit and Run Strategy

Was This Post Helpful?

• Total voters

IronwoodWB

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello there MCSG community I here to tell you some of my favorite strategies while playing. This strategy is called (while what I call it anyways) the hit and run strategy. This can be used in many different ways either with a sword, bow, or flint and steel. So first of I will start explaining how to use it with a sword. The sword can be used it many different ways for this strategy. But I am going to explain the most helpful way (in my opinion) so lets say you're low running away from someone but you can still take a couple of hits and live. So what you do is you just randomly turn around and hit them a couple of times then run away. This will throw the off guard and get them pretty low. Next is the bow. The most common use is again your running away from someone and your low then whenever you have enough hearts to take a couple of hits you just randomly turn around and start shooting them with your bow witch will get them pretty low. And last but not least flint and steel. The most common use of flint and steel for this strategy is again your running away from someone and your low. Then once you have enough hearts to take some hits you just turn around and you just start placing down the flint and steel and hope they run into it. And if they do then you'll get them pretty low. Anyways I hope this post was helpful. If you have any other strategies/tips then tell me! :D

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
If you're being chased on a mountain, then try and gain the upper hand (Literally, the height advantage) and use knockback to hit them off the mountain. It'll severely damage them if done right, and perhaps even get them to stop chasing you. It also will give you a lot more time, because they have to climb back up the mountain. Very advantageous.

Salamancer101

Platinum
Reaction score
If you're being chased on a mountain, then try and gain the upper hand (Literally, the height advantage) and use knockback to hit them off the mountain. It'll severely damage them if done right, and perhaps even get them to stop chasing you. It also will give you a lot more time, because they have to climb back up the mountain. Very advantageous.
Meh, with them below you its alot harder for you to hit them.

cctlcats

Experienced
Reaction score
I suck with flint and steel. >_> But turning around and shooting them with arrows will usually help out a lot. Just gotta make sure you have enough distance between you. c;

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This used to be my tactic before wiggle sprint started hating me..

Edit: If you don't consistently get wiggle sprint... USE THIS TACTIC... this tactic is really good as long as you can actually run.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This was helpful. But I think that most people know already how to do this stuff.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
This was helpful. But I think that most people know already how to do this stuff.
Sshh, theres still people who can't figure out how to place a block in MC (I found that out today when talking to a group of kids who are taking robot lessons)

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sshh, theres still people who can't figure out how to place a block in MC (I found that out today when talking to a group of kids who are taking robot lessons)
-.- Sad but true, sad but true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci