• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The good ol' days

Do you miss beta?

• Total voters

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a thread for all the old players to think back to the beta days and say how much they miss what. Now please dont join the discussion if you didnt play in beta. I am an early beta player and I was actually ranked 32 in beta, now guess what, I had 52 wins! Now I'll start off with this:

When servers didn't restart, and there were no clans, SG2 being overplayed and the old lobby glitch.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Lol, I was in beta and I was a noob. Wandered around maps, Hid in tree's, Hated Sg2 :p.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lol, I was in beta and I was a noob. Wandered around maps, Hid in tree's, Hated Sg2 :p.
I always loved it, I somehow managed to get an amazing chestroute of wich I get all the chests 99.9% of the time, it takes like half of the map :D

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I always loved it, I somehow managed to get an amazing chestroute of wich I get all the chests 99.9% of the time, it takes like half of the map :D
For a noob like i was though.... Quite ironic that my first win was on this map as well :p

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
I miss my 1/1 wins from Beta, when I one with one kill because the other guy died, and I betrayed my friend! Now that was a good w/l ratio!

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For a noob like i was though.... Quite ironic that my first win was on this map as well :p
well, the chances were 50/50, so that's not too special.. I can remember servers not restarting and people who crashed would be in a game ten times with 9 NPC that you couldn't kill xD

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I used to hit the beach and wander around there , waiting for refill for ages at the beach and church ,and was then pwned in dm by the 'careers'.

But then one day on sg2 I became the luckiest hobo on MCSG.

On the ground , out of nowhere - Stacks of golden apples and diamonds. I made myself full diamond and was determined to win my very first game of mcsg! I scouted the map , looking for my victims , no longer scared of anyone. I then - of course - crashed. I was so sad :( My first win would have to wait.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I used to hit the beach and wander around there , waiting for refill for ages at the beach and church ,and was then pwned in dm by the 'careers'.

But then one day on sg2 I became the luckiest hobo on MCSG.

On the ground , out of nowhere - Stacks of golden apples and diamonds. I made myself full diamond and was determined to win my very first game of mcsg! I scouted the map , looking for my victims , no longer scared of anyone. I then - of course - crashed. I was so sad :( My first win would have to wait.
then one day we met in a lobby! remember? I don't think MCSG would have been the same without you in my noob days :D

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
I am playing MC from beta 1.3 and get original at the end of beta versions.

I started playing MCSG beta in last few weeks and it was amazing :)

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Those days... The times I hacked (Chestfinder on SG1). Then SG2 came out, and I hated it. Then I upgraded to 64bit java. I hated SG1. Then SG3 came out, and I hated it. Then Breeze and Overgrown came out, and I hated them. It was at this time I started to like SG1. It was at this time I got 50 wins and joined SlimeArmy. Oh... The good times when I created the SG map with them... Before that stupid hacker DELETED it all. Not even the files or backups of the world was there. How I raged... :(
It was a little after I joined SlimeArmy that I SG4 came out.
When I was in SlimeArmy, I started to like Breeze and SG3, but SG2 was still my favorite, and it will ever be.

Now I no longer play SG.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
I remember just 3 servers. 1 map. Diamond armor in chests. etc. Lag! Servers not restarting.

Also remember when eu27 was the Bebopvox server and eu28 was the Saplings server, with a decked out lobby etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci