• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The forums these days (个_个)

Reaction score
Hi.

First off, I'm currently on my phone, late at night going using that swipe typing thing, on a knock off android phone, half sick, half asleep, and eating an apple. So if I make a typo blame it on the 100$ phone.

Anyways the forums these days are just dry.. Like you see the recent threads and recent thread replies filled with "#FireRektersUS" or "#BAKATAMREKTERSYABOIYAUSEUAU". Also there's been the whole Huahwi and iBeat drama and stuff. So all I'm asking is this: Please, don't fill the community corner with good bye threads then come back 3 days later saying "I forgot my laptop" or some lame excuse. Please make some fun, unique, and silly threads!

-Potion (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

bad2020

Experienced
Reaction score
Thank you! We should all try to make the forums a fun and interesting place!

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Agreed.

The forums of the past (Early 2014-Late 2014) were compiled of a lot more threads, with lots of topics to talk about. To be completely honest, I miss it. I know in the past, Mooclan has tried multiple times to bring back the forums of 2014, all of which succeeded temporarily, but never in the long term. I feel that if a lot of us all tried to bring back the forums we could, and that we should attempt to. But a lot of effort has to be put into it.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCSG is kinda like Canada right now (#Irony):

1) There's not much to complain about that hasn't already been discussed.
2) Back in 2014, the community was growing and changing to meet a larger playerbase, and now many casuals (such as me) are losing interest as the game gets taken more seriously by so many, and as we grow older.
3) MCSG is evolving into a place where player interaction is less valued.
4) People pretend to care less about each other in order to look cool.
5) There's seldom news that means change to a majority of players.

Once 1.9 comes out, I'm guessing the forums will pitch back up again, because we don't like change.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
see the sunglasses and 'stache?

yeah

we need more of that and less of...

AND I'M ONLY ON PAGE THREE
So true that was hilarious xD

In all honesty there isn't many threads that haven't been said and a lot of people don't like working together and making the forums interesting again because of how much effort is involved. I'm up for bringing the forums back to their former glory if anyone has an idea. (Why don't we just get another lovelights thread that was the best thing that happened to the forums).

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
So true that was hilarious xD

In all honesty there isn't many threads that haven't been said and a lot of people don't like working together and making the forums interesting again because of how much effort is involved. I'm up for bringing the forums back to their former glory if anyone has an idea. (Why don't we just get another lovelights thread that was the best thing that happened to the forums).
How can you be up to fix it if you require someone else to come up with the idea? The point if reviving the forums is that many people need creative forum ideas that lead to the right discussions. If there's one thread that's good and a lot of people comment, the forums won't have been revived. It takes many people who can create unique threads, then people can have their nice responses to revive the forums. Oh yeah, did I mention this has to be consistent too? That's the effort part.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
How can you be up to fix it if you require someone else to come up with the idea? The point if reviving the forums is that many people need creative forum ideas that lead to the right discussions. If there's one thread that's good and a lot of people comment, the forums won't have been revived. It takes many people who can create unique threads, then people can have their nice responses to revive the forums. Oh yeah, did I mention this has to be consistent too? That's the effort part.
Threads:

MCGamer Discussions:
- Which level of staff is the most respected by the players?
- How does the MCG community view small YouTubers?
- What separates a good YouTube channel (MCG-related content) from a typical/generic one?
- What constitutes "Disrespect" towards staff and other members? Where is the line drawn?
- Is it discrimination against other members if players include/exclude each other based on their statistics/reputation/skill level?
- What type(s) of arguments are allowed? Of them, what makes them allowed?
- What type(s) of drama are acceptable, and why? Should we change our standards of what is allowed, in order to encourage discussion and debate on the forums?
- Should there be more ways to encourage members to become active on the forums? Ex: More forum competitions based on merit?
- WHY HAS NO ONE EVER BEEN TEMP-BANNED FOR POSTING IN THE WRONG SECTION?

SERIOUSLY, WHY?

Survival Games Discussions:
- Should (hardware-based) macros be allowed?
- Should changing gamma levels be allowed?
- Why has (almost) no one's stats ever been changed after getting banned for hacks?

~~
- Where are the Survival and Creative servers?

Zeplohx

Survivor
Reaction score
threads now-

appreciation

clans

bunch of minimods being annoying

the complaining about mcsg/criticism of mcsg are good ones at least cause they give devs an idea of what to fix Atu Tenebrous12321

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci