• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Fisherman Strategy

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello survivors! I thought I would share this small strategy I have been using in a lot of my games, I hope you like it.

As the name insists, this play style involves fishing and is a very passive way of playing. You may need some patience to do this. Before we get into how this goes down, let's take a look at what fishing grants us.
Fishing, obviously, grants us fish. Not too great sadly, all of the fish give a very small amount of hunger and the Pufferfish basically kills you if you eat it. But, what fishing can get you is enchanted fishing rods and bows. The Minecraft Wikipedia on fishing rods state that if you get a treasure from fishing you have a 1/6 chance of finding either a bow or fishing rod. These items will come with enchants, which can be extremely powerful and helpful. And enchanted fishing rod makes fishing much more efficient and the enchanted bows you can get are very strong, I have seen a Power III Infinity I Bow get pulled, but it is rare to get items like this.

The most important aspect of fishing in relation to Survival Games is the experience it gives. Only after a few pulls you will reach level one. This is why this strategy is so useful.
Now, to get to the actual strategy. Rather than hunting when you have the items you need, go find a secluded place to fish. Make sure to watch the time for the refills. As you sit there and fish you are constantly get experience and hopefully some enchanted fishing rods and/or bows. Once you get one level head to an enchantment table on the map if it has one. Always enchant your bow first unless you are low on arrows. Enchanted swords and bows have a huge effect on the game, and can they can win you it.
That is basically it. Remember, you will not always get time to do this in a game. This should only be done if you have the items that you are comfortable with for the majority of the game. Here is some loot I have gotten thanks to fishing:

Fishing session on Valleyside University

A Sharpness I Diamond Sword and Power I Bow on Survival Games 4

Insane fishing loot on Fortune Island. The game actually ran out of time, I let a team of three get both refills. This is one thing you need to be careful about with this strategy. Both of the fishing rods are nearly broken, I believe one of them is unbreaking III while the other has multiple enchants.

Power I Bow on Moonbase 9

Power I Bow on Wyvern's Wake

Specton

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I wonder whether it's actually worth your time to spend 10 minutes getting an enchanted bow Power I (you need to be really lucky to get more) while letting that team of 2 get stacked. I'd personally feel more confident taking out that team (let's say both with 6 armor bars and an iron sword) in full iron/iron sword and secondaries than I would when I faced the same team with a Power I bow and full iron/iron sword, while they had the time to collect full iron and diamond swords. This tactic really focusses on your capability to pvp, more than the common tactic of killing everyone before they get anything good. However, it would be a great strategy in Clan Wars, seeing as both clans usually end up having full iron either way.

Reaction score
It's just like Pokemon. Keep fishing. 'till you get something good. Break something when you don't get anything good.
I'm gonna catch a shiny clown fish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci