• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The First Ever Survival Bingo Guide!

Was This Guide Helpful?

• Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a dumb game anyways.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Welcome to MCGamer's first ever SB guide! I have won about a dozen games since it's release, so I do know a fair amount of about effective strategies. Enjoy this guide about this relaxing and peaceful game, and don't forget to tell me what you think. Also, I had no idea which section of the forum to put this in, so move it as needed.
Objective
SB is about accomplishing goals to get five goals in a row on your bingo map. The winner is the one who gets a bingo first, so there is no second or third place. The goals aren't hard, but a game usually lasts two or three times longer than an game of MCSG. The main things your have to remember if you want to win are planning ahead and staying focused. There is no PvP.
Explanation of Each Goal
There are 25 goals on a map, but the middle space is free. You won't have every goal each time, so there are around 30. Here is a brief explanation of each one, as well as my opinion on its difficulty on a scale from 1-10.
  • Dye a sheep: 1/10. Wool block. This is one of the easiest goals to accomplish, as one may simply take a flower, turn it into dye, and click on a sheep. This is a good goal to knock out at the beginning of the game while looking for other things.
  • Plant a 2x2 jungle tree: 9/10. Jungle sapling. This one is difficult because it requires one to both locate a jungle and either wait for the tree to grow or gather up five or so bones. Don't attempt this one unless you know where a jungle is.
  • Wear full iron armor: 3/10. Iron chestplate. Getting 24 iron isn't very much, and it often comes easily with getting other underground achievements. Getting armor will also help accomplish other goals.
  • Cause a note block to produce a sound: 4/10. Note block. A note block only requires one redstone and eight wood planks, so the only real challenge is getting down below layer 15. This one is easily accomplished alongside getting full iron, getting diamond, or touching bedrock.
  • Touch bedrock: 2/10. Bedrock. This one is easy because all one has to do is dig down. It can be accomplished even faster by finding a cave. Remember never to mine a block below you... One never knows what's waiting down there!
  • Obtain a diamond: 7/10. A diamond. Finding diamond has never been easy, but at least diamond is found at least once in every chunk. It's eight times rarer than redstone, but found in the same area. It can also be found in villages, mineshafts, and dungeons. Mine at y=6.
  • Ride a pig off a cliff: 10/10. A saddle. You would have to be incredibly desperate to attempt this one, as it's the hardest. It requires finding a rare saddle, locating a pig, and causing it to take significant fall damage. Pigs can only be controlled by carrots, and somewhat by a fishing rod. Don't go for this one.
  • Mine a monster spawner: 10/10. Monster spawner. This is one I would never go for, since finding a dungeon is pure luck. This is one that has to be stumbled upon. The main plus to getting this one is that dungeons often have chests containing items needed for other achievements, such as gapples and clocks.
  • Obtain a golden apple: 6/10. Golden apple. This one requires getting an apple, preferably early on, then finding eight gold. Gold can be frustrating to find, but it's not terrible if you know where to look. Gold can be easily found in caves, most commonly between layers 20 and 35.
  • Craft a clock: 4/10. Clock. This is a good achievement to grab while getting underground achievements. It only requires four gold, which is typically only one vein, as well as one bit of abundant redstone.
  • Craft a compass: 2/10. Compass. An easy achievement, since iron and redstone are both very common. An easy achievement to grab while plundering a cave.
  • Cause a creeper to blow up another creeper: 5/10. Creeper egg. Not a bad achievement, but requires care. Don't attempt this one without some armor. Execute it by gathering together two creepers at night, getting one crit on each one, then walking up to one and blocking to reduce damage.
  • Fill a cauldron with water: 3/10. Cauldron. Simple, but requires seven iron for a cauldron and three more for a bucket. Easy to get if you find a cave.
  • Light a block of TNT: 7/10. TNT. Requires five gunpowder, four sand, a flint, and an iron. To get this requires hunting creepers at night, which can be risky without armor. Remember that you have to light the TNT with fire, not a switch or something else.
  • Light a firework: 1/10. Firework. Extremely simple, as a firework can be made with just one gunpowder and a piece of paper. If you have your route planned out, do this one last, as your bingo map can be used as the paper!
  • Obtain six different types of slabs: 4/10. Slab. Three slabs can be obtained anywhere, which are cobblestone, stone, and stone brick. A fourth can be made from sandstone, which can be made from sand. The fifth and sixth can be made from two different types of wood. They must all be present at once.
  • Wear full leather armor: 7/10. Leather chestplate. Leather armor can only be obtain from cows, horses, and mobs. This is a good achievement to get at the beginning of the game, while running and boating about. This achievement can take a while if no cows are present in your biome, as it requires many cows.
  • Wear a pumpkin on your head: 8/10. Pumpkins can only be stumbled upon, but they aren't terribly rare. Just keep an eye out for a spot of orange while looking for cows and creepers.
  • Create an iron golem: 10/10. Don't go for this one unless you have to. It requires miraculously finding pumpkins and pitching in 36 iron for four iron blocks. Best used in conjunction with putting a pumpkin on one's head, since both achievements only require one pumpkin.
  • Obtain a music disc: 9/10. Music disc. This one seems like the hardest until one practices trapping. Trap a creeper using pistons five blocks away from a trapped skeleton by building up, then stand three blocks away from the creeper, causing the skeleton to shoot the creeper repeatedly as it tries to hit you. Here is a diagram and explanation of the trap.
crep.jpg
The filled in squares represent a solid block. The two empty squares represent a pressure plate with a block above it so that the mob cannot jump out. The squares on either side of the pressure plate should simply be regular pistons facing up.

To use it, find a creeper or skeleton and lure it towards the trap. Once it is about ten blocks away, build a quick 1x1 toward upwards and stand above where you need the mob to go. (The pressure plate) It will walk right, remain stuck and will not burn up. Repeat with the other mob, then stand three blocks away from the creeper, parallel with the skeleton. It should kill the creeper after five or so successful shots, and give you a disc.​
  • Obtain a stack of any item besides dirt, cobblestone, or planks: 1/10. Diamond block. This takes no effort, and it is especially easy if one chooses the miner class, in which the 16 coal can quickly be turned into 64 torches. Getting 64 coal, slabs, gravel, sand, buttons, switches, or redstone is also easy.
  • Breed wolves or ocelots: 9/10. Bone meal. This one is tricky because it requires locating a wolves or ocelots, which are rare, then having fish or bones available to tame them. (Usually 2-6 bones/fish) I wouldn't go for this one if the animals were near other people, as they usually get taken or killed.
  • Throw an enderpearl: 6/10. Ender pearl. Endermen are rather rare and hard to kill, so don't go for this one without sufficient gear. When attacking one, get one block below it and click as quickly as possible. By doing this, it will be killed quickly and it won't teleport away. Don't go for crits.
  • Light a fire with a flint and steel: 2/10. Flint and steel. This only requires an iron and a flint, so it is trivial. Good in combination with the TNT goal.
  • Collect 16 eggs from a chicken: 8/10. Egg. This goal takes a long time to complete because one has to wait for chickens to lay eggs as well as find them in the first place. One thing that makes things easier is shoving chickens into a 3x3 hole so they don't run away.
  • Gain 10 experience: 5/10. Experience bottle. This goal is easily obtained alongside other mining goals, but it does take time. Mob hunting at night can help with this, as well. Looking for redstone and attacking large groups of mobs are the fastest ways to earn this.
  • Attain eight different colors of wool: 7/10. Wool block. This goal requires attaining eight wool blocks, as well as various dyes. The easiest dyes to obtain are bone meal, red dye from poppies, yellow dye from yellow flowers, pink dye from pink flowers, green dye from cacti, and black dye from squid.
  • Hang a painting: 2/10. Painting. This goal is simple as it only requires a wool block and eight sticks. A painting can be hung anywhere. A piece of wool can be made from four string, so this can be obtained underground as well.
Strategy
The main things to remember include staying on task, having a distinct and well thought out plan, and avoiding big risks.

Remember that the game is about speed, so do your best to not waste time. One important thing to remember is the 3:3 rule, which means having three furnaces three minutes into the game. Waiting for furnaces to smelt stuff can take away a lot of your time. Living nomadically will save loads of time. Don't play like a normal survival world. Just run into the wilderness looking for what you need, especially food. Don't swim, just boat. Teaming won't speed things up for you, so don't try it.

Shape your plan carefully. The very first thing you should do when the game starts is look at your map. Look first at the four possible paths that go through your free square, and if none of those look plausible, then look for another combination that's relatively easy. Categorize your goals as above ground or underground goals, then do like goals together. Avoid goals that involve finding a rare object, such as a pumpkin. Stick to your plan unless generous opportunities arise.

Dying will set you back severely, as you will spawn hundreds of blocks away from where you were, and likely not find your stuff. Don't go into caves with a lot of lava. Don't hang around creepers without armor, as they will one-shot you. Don't dig straight down, and be careful where you step. Other players are not a threat; don't worry about what they are doing.
Classes
Here is the following order that I rank the effectiveness of the classes, which are selected in the lobby by clicking on the diamond sword.
  1. Miner: This is by far the best class because it gives you a very nifty 16 coal, as well as an excellent pickaxe with over a stack of use left, which also doubles as a stone sword. I would choose this class every time. Nothing compares to the boost given by that diamond pickaxe.
  2. Lumberjack: Second best class because it offers a good weapon, as well as a good supply of wood which effectively jump start your tools and animal claiming. Handy if you start far away from trees.
  3. Swordsman: Third best because of the amazing diamond sword, which allows one to kill mobs in three hits every time. Just be wary of the fact that breaking swords are a common cause of death.
  4. Digger: Not a useful class because shovels are irrelevant in practically every goal. Nobody uses their shovel for much, and 64 dirt really isn't that useful, except for climbing.
  5. Farmer: It's no coincidence that if you don't choose a class, you get stuck with this. Sedentary agriculture is inferior to nomadicism, and a hoe doesn't do any damage or anything useful. Never choose this class.
Thank you if you have read this far, and please give your honest opinions and corrections. Just as long as you don't compare this game to pinochle, I won't be offended. AlgerWaterlow
With gusto,
-BitoBain

Last edited:

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Amazing guide - thanks BitoBain! This will definitely help people who are still getting used to the new AntVenom gametypes. :)

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Meh, bingo is typically a peaceful game in which speed is still of the essence. I personally find bingo and pinochle quite fun IRL and it's easy to see why this has surpassed SG as my new favorite gametype. Thanks for the guide and the spoiler that you were going to write one. :)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I will be expecting this to get pinned when they add the Arcade section in the forums. Otherwise I do not know what on Earth will happen. I love it. c:
In a way, I think not many people play much Survival Bingo due to the fact that it didn't really catch the interest of players. Otherwise it could be too complicated for them.
In the time being, I hope this thread gets recognized, since it has a lot of useful information for new-comers. ;)

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
This is amazing in how much detail and effort you put in.

There's just one issue, there is literally no one playing Survival Bingo. :/

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Thanks, yall.

It's nice to see that people like this. I also did some more research and discovered that I now have all 28 goals listed here. If anyone is interesting in learning more about the trap to get a music disc, I'd be happy to add more on the topic, since it's actually pretty simply but you have to have the right design for it to work.
Meh, bingo is typically a peaceful game in which speed is still of the essence. I personally find bingo and pinochle quite fun IRL and it's easy to see why this has surpassed SG as my new favorite gametype. Thanks for the guide and the spoiler that you were going to write one. :)
It's nice to see MCG has finally added a gametype that doesn't involve killing people, right?
I will be expecting this to get pinned when they add the Arcade section in the forums. Otherwise I do not know what on Earth will happen. I love it. c:
In a way, I think not many people play much Survival Bingo due to the fact that it didn't really catch the interest of players. Otherwise it could be too complicated for them.
In the time being, I hope this thread gets recognized, since it has a lot of useful information for new-comers. ;)
I would like to think this thread will receive recognition and be seen by a lot of people, but on its first day it hasn't even got 100 views, so it doesn't seem likely. Not to be a pessimist, but I doubt it will get stickied, either; it's just not official enough.

Hopefully people can learn to appreciate this game, but at the moment, not very many people are playing it. Today it took a very long time to get both of my games started, and many people didn't stay after it started. Those who do typically join don't really want to win that bad, either. The other day Alger saw two people having a tea party in a house, for example. I have played around 18 games that have ended, and I have won 15 of them. (The other three included two losses and a draw.) Since I'm generally not very good at Minecraft, that probably means the community isn't taking it too seriously. (Along with pretty much everything else besides MCSG) I don't know if I just try too hard, or if we just really need a survival server.
This is amazing in how much detail and effort you put in.

There's just one issue, there is literally no one playing Survival Bingo. :/
Hopefully some bigger Youtubers will play it and draw some crowds toward it.

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
Survival Bingo seems like an interesting mini-game now that its been explained thoroughly. ->-d

I might give it a go sometime.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Well, I must admit that I don't have the patience to play this gamemode. (I require lots of action.) So I must admit that playing it enough to be able to write a very useful/detailed guide for it must have taken a lot of time and patience. Very good guide, should be very useful for anyone who plays this.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Added in a bit about getting a music disc. All of the achievements are now included. You just might try the game since it's a saturday and people will actually be playing it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci