• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The EU issue: Discussions and suggestions?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's been going on around the MCGamer network that the EU servers are currently having some issues with a lot of hackers who use clients for unfair advantages. And the thing is, there are some things that could cause it to be that way. Here are some reasons to the possibilities that this issue is as it is today...

Lack of moderation
Yes, I have to admit that the staff is working very hard and are doing the best they can to help make the MCGamer network. Heck, without them then it would've have been a lot worse. The main reason to why the network is so successful is because of loyal staff members, and good people who make the place better. However, in the EU servers, there hasn't been much moderation going around, as far as I can infer. So that would mean people would assume that they won't be caught by them since they don't tend to be online as often in the EU.

Vigilantism
The thing is, I have heard some rumors and "whispers" that there are people who are actually willing to do good for the server, however in a way where it could result to more issues from unfolding. There are innocent, and legitimate players who actually want to play in the MCGamer network in peace, however it is difficult because of the amount of hackers there are. So they would result to downloading clients themselves so they could fight back the actual hackers. Basically a "Fight fire with fire" situation. That, however causes a lot of confusion, and is difficult to differentiate the people between right and wrong. And that using hacked clients in general isn't the best idea, so it would result to more issues that way, sometimes people could take advantage of that and just become one themselves.

User responsibility
This section I don't know much about, and probably there are tons of people reporting every day of rule breakers in the report abuse sections. But another reason for the fact that the EU servers are having these major issues is that not enough players actually go for trying to record and report them, so they would let them loose. As users, it is our responsibility to do what's right and report those who are making MCGamer a bad place, even if it is a friend, or a family member, heck even your dog or cat, report them if they don't abide to the rules for the MCGamer law.

What can we do to resolve the issue?
I have thought of an idea, well it was actually thought of before by previous users, and we should definitely take this to account. I have even seen an MCGamer event, (I don't remember the name, but it involved with betrayal in-game of Survival games) and they thought of adding "Seers" to the game to observe the activity that happens in-game so nothing suspicious unfolds. Which caused me to think of this idea...
What I would recommend is recruit a special group/team of people with different assets and skills, we can call them "Seekers". The seekers go around the EU server to observe the activity and see if anything suspicious is going on. The thing is, every time they come to the server together, they are prepared to make videos, screenshots, NCP, and anything to collect evidence to testify against the suspects. That then, they can return the session information to a certain amount of staff members to observe and conclude if they are, indeed hacking so they get the ban. However, the seekers would definitely need to specialize in multi-lingual skills, video recording skills, and a good eye to see if they are really hacking.

What do you think? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci