• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Community Corner

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
So lately the Community Corner has had a lot of Joining/Leaving threads or AMA's, which is great, but it used to have great, in-depth community discussions and lots of different and interesting topics. Did they just go out of style? Surely we didn't run out of topics. Let's get some discussion about what YOU think of the community corner!

N

Nikola

To be entirely honest I don't even pay attention to it never did I in general all I do is pay attention to report abuse section and general support, maybe sometimes community corner just to get into things and maybe talk about something but way less that I should be doing.

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Just like with Nikola, I am rarely around in the community corner, the sections I read most would be Map section and the Build team section. But I also keep an eye out on report abuses and ofcourse MAP UPDATESSSS! I really love those.

Reaction score
Honestly 5 months ago I would click on every new notification about a new thread on Com Corner, because everything is in-depth. Now it's only people asking to be unbanned, people saying this server is going downfall, outdated memes that aren't even funny, some random trends sometimes "more about me" (im not saying they're bad, it's just that there are too many "more about me" threads). Then 1 out of let's say 15 times it's one of those really good threads that have a lot of discussion. I'm not saying I don't post crap quality threads sometimes, but I really the quality of threads from some months ago.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
I mean, times have changed. The same people who used to make great threads of discussions are not here anymore, and people who are around and want to make discussions, simply don't have many ideas that were not taken already I think. Also, an issue I noticed is that some people will make interesting discussions, but do not know the boundaries or limits of what they can say or do, and discussions turn to flame too easily sometimes, and causes those threads to be locked. So really, I think it's just a tough spot. I check Community Corner daily, and it's sad, but times have changed, and you move on.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Loved to read post about people in the community corner, but now with all the AMA's leaving etc. from people I've never even heard of it's getting flooded

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The problem is the "MCGamer Discussion" section is just causing confusion. Half the good discussion goes there, half of it ends up in the Community Corner. Nobody seems to know what to post where. In my opinion all it does is make the good discussion harder to find than before when everything was in the Community Corner.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I remember the times back in the day when the Community corner used to be flooded with so many interesting topics you couldn't just read all of them in a day. Now it's getting flooded with too many joining/leaving/ama threads, which are fine, but I believe having a separate category for that would be amazing.

SollertisKhan

Survivor
Reaction score
Guys I am leaving. I know u all love me, so come over to my house later and we can have some indepth discussions over various amazing mcgamer topics.

TheBritishMelonn

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree, and that has been the focus. Too much attention has been put into other topics that are generally the same, like you said with all the "goodbye" threads and such.
Furthermore, other topics such as the one I've posted has very little interest which the thread is about something not on the lines of saying goodbye...

If anyone is interested, I highly recommend reading the thread and watching the video c:
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/the-great-dictators-speech.243148/

Lots of love <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci