• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Classic Suggestions

SoGodlike

Spectator
Reaction score
Firstly, I think there should be a suggestions section on the forums. There is a "feature suggestions" section on every sub-forum (Survival Games, Quarter Quell, etc.) except Survival Games Classic. This would help with a movement of progress where people can suggest how things should be better because Classic can be much more fun than it is right now.

So, let's look at what Survival Games Classic is at the moment. It offers the old chests, the map Survival Games 2, and much less saturation. Classic is supposed to be a more PvPvE environment instead of a PvP environment like SG. I think the first step in making Classic more popular, is to really differentiate it from SG and show that it is fun. So, how can we do this?

Well, firstly, we can add all the older maps. This does not just mean SG2. Yes, the original maps were only the "SG's" and Breeze Island, but I think this guideline of having only the "first" maps can be fudged a little. For instance, an example of the map "roster" would be:
- Survival Games 1
- Survival Games 2
- Survival Games 3
- Survival Games 5
- Yellowstone
- Survival Kingdom
- Survival Skylands
- Kharmunrah
- Hungry Hills
- Overgrown Arena
- Survival Games Ruins
- TSG 1

It would be a possibility to remove some of the larger maps from Survival Games and add them to Classic to change things up and make the two gametypes different.

Maybe some new, larger maps could be made, and if enough skilled, popular players start enjoying it, routes can be made and Classic would become more popular. Maybe in the future there could be Classic Clan Battles.

~Godlike

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
How about adding monsters back? That would be neath, the games used to be so hectic back in the days when mobs were still spawning

Last edited:

Ondre

Experienced
Reaction score
Monsters would make the game actually more difficult, and I do agree with the maps. I am only guessing they have a limited amount of maps is because "Those Maps" were the first to ever appear on MCGamer.

SoGodlike

Spectator
Reaction score
How about adding monsters back? That would be neath, the games used to be so hectic back in the days when mobs where still spawning
Ya, I agree. It would make SGC much more specialized. People would play it when they wanted to play something other than SG because it wouldn't be the copy, unpopular version SG. Creepers shouldn't break map of course xD

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
So first off, I'd like to say good luck with this, you're going to need it. The administration and developers, with the exception of Nephilim, don't want to pay any attention to us, and trust me, I've tried.

The addition of hostile mobs has been confirmed already, but that was back in like December 2013, so who knows whats going on with that, I'd love to see hostile mobs so those pesky guys with leather armor can't hide in a building the whole game.

I agree with all the maps except Hungry Hills, it was an old map, but it's much bigger than any of the others, and as much as I like big maps, I don't think it will draw in more players, because the games will last the full 1 hour and 7 minutes. Also, I know why you left out SG4, but it really does fit in as an SGC map, back before MCGv2, it fit in with sg1, 2, and 3 just fine, it wasn't overplayed as much as I thought it would be, it was not uncommon to see it outvoted by sg1 or 2. If it becomes the powerhouse it is on MCSG, then I would push for a removal, but with what I've seen so far, I think it should stay. I also think that SG1 shouldn't have any tier 2's, like in Beta and part of V1, instead of the same tiers from MCSG. This goes for the other maps too, use different tier 2's so the routes aren't the exact same. You don't have to worry about this with some of these maps like Yellowstone, because they're not on the servers, so it's not even that big of a job. Overall, the map roster you put out there would be great as an official rotation.

I also agree with the fact that SGC has to be DIFFERENT FROM MCSG. Not being the crappy copy where the only thing different is that it has game-breaking bugs on half the maps and 'easy games'. Nobody likes SGC because it's 'too easy' when it really isn't. It's honestly more difficult than MCSG, but the PvP isn't as strong. This is because SGC is made for SURVIVAL, because it's called SURVIVAL games. Yup, not PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER GAMES, which is what MCSG has become. Adding these older maps and hostile mobs will create an even more difficult challange, where the map continues to kill off tributes instead people hiding in the hour long games.

I'm glad to see other people taking action besides just me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci