• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suicide..."When Life Gets Rough"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broowaki

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey everyone...

So this is going to be a depressing thread. But It needs to be said.

So early in 2014, my friend committed suicide... Just the thought of it is so upsetting, hearing about someone you have never met even. The prospect of someone taking their own life is so so sad. But yet it happens.

Together as society, we can prevent 90% of suicides, easily. One of the main causes is social instability. People feeling neglected by other people, people getting verbally, and physically abused by people. Something we do, something we can stop. You may think it is just a laugh, you may think they know you are joking. But they could be going home depressed, because of you. You wouldn't run up to someone in the street and put a knife in them, so why make them feel like they need to kill themselves...

I am not saying, we all are murderers. I am saying together, we need to stabilize society, and our community thinking about it on a smaller scale. Think before you say something, you do not know how it will effect people. As this is a serious matter, and as I said. Together, as a global community. We can help prevent suicide.

Now onto people that are depressed, and considering suicide. There are so many people out there that are willing to help you... Therapists, pastoral assistants at school, teachers, parents, friends... Even online friends, or people you see on the forums that are nice people. These people will all be there for you, you just need to ask for help, that support. And it is there for you...

I don't know If anyone here is religious. I believe in the theory of God, but religion is something that relieves you from these chains. Prayer is the greatest cure for anything, and if you know someone that is suffering from depression. Or a family that has lost a loved one due to suicide. Then pray for them...

If you are suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts. Watch this video, I know from first hand experience it helps.

Feel free to PM me if anything like this is troubling you. I will happily help. I am sorry, this thread wasn't the happiest but it needed to be said.

Thanks, Tom.

Reaction score
um are you sure creating a thread about the concerns of suicide is a great idea, i understand you may be upset and if so i am here if you need someone to talk to but this is a bit drastic to say the least.
i hope the best for you, your friends and families.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks for taking my advice on bringing it over here, it will help some young minds overcome certain things. This thread will be locked so it does not cause flame. - Requested by owner of the thread!

- Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci