• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Suggestion] Allowing Alternate Accounts for Banned Users

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
So I know a lot of people who read the title will be automatically opposed, but hear me out.

Gaming has become a serious thing, even in minecraft, competition has blown up.

With competition, comes toxic players, whether it be in a form of hacking, flaming, or other various generally toxic concepts. It cannot be avoided, so banning players have become something of a necessity in most major games.

MCSG, unlike most competitive formats does NOT allow alternate accounts for banned users.

In theory, not allowing banned players to play again is a good idea, but in a competitive and fun scene, maybe less so.

Banning a user for hacking is an acceptable ban in mostly everyone's eyes, so I'll use this for example.

Let's say user 'TomBstone' gets banned. He was flying, and got banned twice as he didn't learn his lesson the first time. He is now set with a permanent ban. This is his favorite server and now he cannot play. You say "His fault, he should of learned his lesson the first time." Sure, but ever considered that the average user doesn't really learn a lesson through a ban? They learn it through monetary punishment. Granted, some wealthy may be able to break what I'm saying, so I came up with an idea.

The One-Chance concept. A user is banned, that user is allowed ONE more account, which will assure he is being punished through monetary values, and if he breaks another rule ONCE, his account will be banned again permanently, and his IP will also be banned.

Simple, and effective. It will also lower drama on 'unfair' bans. Nobody likes to deal with drama.

Honestly, MCSG is becoming one of the most competitive communities, and it should follow some footsteps of communities well ahead of it. League Of Legends allows new accounts. Microsoft allows users to purchase a new xbox when they are banned. Other, more populated, MC communities allow new accounts. There are so many more examples, but you get the idea.

Please, tell me what you think.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say no to this idea. It's honestly their fault that they didn't take the hint that they should stop hacking earlier on, and now, they should accept the punishment for what they've done. I don't like the idea of giving them any more chances than they deserve (unless they were banned unintentionally).

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
We don't ban people just 'to teach them a lesson,' we ban them because we feel they are not a good influence on our community, and never will be. While a secondary task of our banning procedure is to do what was mentioned above, to teach people a lesson, the banning procedure is more of a lengthened warning system. If you are permanently banned, it's because we feel that you won't ever have a positive influence to our servers.

Now, permabans for things like threatening to DDoS or posting screamers, we ban on first offense because DDoSing is a crime, and people should know better than to do it. And screamers are physically dangerous to the point of being lethal to some people. If you think it's funny to try to kill someone with a screamer, than we will not ever let you play on our servers.

E. Also, who's task is it to decide whether a ban is unfair?

Last edited:

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
99% of players who get banned twice are going to come back and hack again. Also, it probably wouldn't make a difference if we allowed banned players to use alts because anyone who gets banned twice obviously doesn't care about the rules and would be on an alt anyways.

IxLegendz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lol, I can name 20 people who use alts day in and day out, some people just can't get the memo they're not wanted here, there's nothing we can do to help that, although I feel some people need another chance, but seriously the mods could pick up on the permabanned players who still play on alts, if any mods would like for me to let them know who's on alts gladly PM me :)

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
We don't ban people just 'to teach them a lesson,' we ban them because we feel they are not a good influence on our community, and never will be. While a secondary task of our banning procedure is to do what was mentioned above, to teach people a lesson, the banning procedure is more of a lengthened warning system. If you are permanently banned, it's because we feel that you won't ever have a positive influence to our servers.

Now, permabans for things like threatening to DDoS or posting screamers, we ban on first offense because DDoSing is a crime, and people should know better than to do it. And screamers are physically dangerous to the point of being lethal to some people. If you think it's funny to try to kill someone with a screamer, than we will not ever let you play on our servers.

E. Also, who's task is it to decide whether a ban is unfair?
Honestly, that's why I put 'unfair' in ' marks as they are controversial opinions.

If everyone wants to ignore the point I made about monetary punishment and how other games/servers have benefited this way, this thread is useless. You have to analyze exactly what I said because I've known everything you are saying before making this thread.

IxLegendz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, that's why I put 'unfair' in ' marks as they are controversial opinions.

If everyone wants to ignore the point I made about monetary punishment and how other games/servers have benefited this way, this thread is useless. You have to analyze exactly what I said because I've known everything you are saying before making this thread.
I mean I agree with this thread because I feel as if when someone puts a screamer link in the chat, and gets permabanned, they know not to post another one.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Lol, I can name 20 people who use alts day in and day out, some people just can't get the memo they're not wanted here, there's nothing we can do to help that, although I feel some people need another chance, but seriously the mods could pick up on the permabanned players who still play on alts, if any mods would like for me to let them know who's on alts gladly PM me :)
This is exactly why one alt should be allowed. Drama is caused by people on alts which aren't allowed all the time. And think about it, those alts only get banned FOR being alts. They are more careful once they have paid for another account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci