• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion about dealing with hackers

Perm-ban hackers on first offense?

• Total voters

AW1996

Platinum
Reaction score
You can not say that The EU has more hackers, because you have no evidence or statistics to prove your point!
It's kinda obvious there are tons of hackers on EU, you can ask any top 100 EU player and he will confirm.. I guess that's kind of a statistic. Also, I played some games on US and out of the 5 games I played once, I won every single one because there was not a single hacker in it. I think most of the US players just can't relate what we as EU players are going through lol. On the other hand though, I just don't enjoy playing on a server where I get 180-200ms ping as much as I do on one with 35-40ms because that just makes a huuuuge difference gameplay-wise. (ofc there is ghosting nd Good but whatever)

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
The gamma glitch shouldn't be counted as hacking in this case because I never knew this wasn't allowed quite a while ago and I was banned so, yeah, now I don't use it but if I was perma-banned for that I woulda been a little bit mad.

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm against the concept of perma-bans. Over a year or so, the player would have most likely learned their lesson. And if they haven't, they'll simply get another year-long ban. The hardcore hackers may entirely forget about the server within a year. Especially with such a large community like this one, old players might regret their decisions and want to play again :/

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
I do see your point but for those people who have been banned and they are just good I feel as though it would be sad to see someone who has put so much effort into mcsg to be perma banned when they weren't even hacking.

AW1996

Platinum
Reaction score
I do see your point but for those people who have been banned and they are just good I feel as though it would be sad to see someone who has put so much effort into mcsg to be perma banned when they weren't even hacking.
I have rarely seen really good PvP'ers banned for hacking but you're right, there were some mistakes made with some bans. I guess one could say that in general, the donors don't hack (even though I even saw dia donors hacking) but I personally can spot a difference between Aimbot and just good aim.

Spaiu

Experienced
Reaction score
Catch em,
Kill em,
Bin em.

3 simple steps to deal with hackers.

average_name

Career
Reaction score
what if after a player was banned due hacking, they were
put on a "watchlist" where mods would see people from this list when they connect to the hub. this way, they could see if the hacker has learned their lesson. just thought of this idea, idk could work?

AW1996

Platinum
Reaction score
what if after a player was banned due hacking, they were
put on a "watchlist" where mods would see people from this list when they connect to the hub. this way, they could see if the hacker has learned their lesson. just thought of this idea, idk could work?
Good idea imo! :)

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
If they weren't hacking, they shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah I don't play EU, :p
Why can't EU players just play on US or whatever is closer to them? I play on AU occasionally and get the same connection I do on US. And I live on the east coast, farthest away from Australia.
Actually I'm a US player and see a ton of hackers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci