• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Strange FPS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanyGlass

Spectator
Reaction score
I recently (several weeks ago) went on vacation. What I noticed almost immediately on the survival games 2 map and lobby is that my fps would go down to 0 then back up slowly. I was allready using optifine, but I decided to get optifine smooth to combat the problem. It might have helped, but the only noticeable effect was that sometimes instead of the FPS going down my minecraft appeared to operate in slow motion (including falling slower). The weirdest part is that I use the same computer at my other house and survival games 2 works fine. The only noticable difference between here and there is the internet: here I have a faster internet connection and a worse router (Yes, I am sure it is FPS. I checked f3 during a freeze and the fps did indeed drop to 0).

Could anyone figure out what's going on?

Edit 1: Additional Information: On some servers this problem is not as bad as on others. I can run a x256 texture pack and sonicethers unbelievable shader mod at short render distance with 25 fps. When I was on the server my chunk loading was minimal and I have tried sending my render distance to short.

SeanyGlass

Spectator
Reaction score
And right after I post this, I get lag on the forest map too. Absolutely wonderful...

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Just use a very clean minecraft.jar, and it's pretty fine, I turn at 50-40 FPS on the city map with FAR render distance, and 60-65 in the forest map.

SeanyGlass

Spectator
Reaction score
Restart completly fixed it, and I usually shut down the comp before I went to bed. I know what mods I put on, and those should not effect fps in a negative way.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Download optifine will work for you :)

SeanyGlass

Spectator
Reaction score
bart, I don't think you read the entire post. I allready have optifine, in case you didn't notice.
Vhaly, I'm not getting LOW FPS, I'm getting good FPS that freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci