• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sponge Not Working On Own Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedgemonster

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I'm sure there's a simple fix to this, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm currently trying to build a map for MCSG. In part of my map I'm building a pirate ship(s) and i cant seem to absorb the water using sponge. The ships are to big to place a block in every space so i need another way if possible to clear up all the water. Otherwise all my ships would be underwater. I've tried to place sponge in survival and it didn't work either. If it means anything else, my server is bukkit, and I have essentials and WorldEdit. Is there a plugin i would have to install for sponge to work?

Thanks!
~Sedge

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
The easiest thing I could think to do is use WorldEdit to either drain the water, or replace it with another material. Remember, air is considered as a material.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Do you have world edit installed on your map? If so, the easiest thing I can think of would be to drain the water using commands. Sponge can be unpredictable with the radius that it drains, so WE is probably the best option. :)

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
I know this is not related to the issue, but from personal experiences, it's best not to post map ideas publicly until the map has either:
a) Been submitted
b) Is finished

Just a friendly tip :)

-SliceofBread123

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score
If you have worldedit you can just use the command when you are submerged in water (assuming there is no gaps in the ship) //drain 100 . Of course if this doesn't work for you, you can just use the command //undo and all will be fixed.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
It looks like the question has been answered, so I'm going to lock this thread.

Feel free to PM me with further questions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci