• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Some useful strats.

Did this help you in any way shape or form ?

• Yes, thanks

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, you suck

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I like trains

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Hi, im not a pro at mcsg but I do know some strats that might help you get better :)

Orange : Sort of helpful
Green : Super helpful

Hot-bar reorganizing
Make sure you have all these things in your hot bar
1. Melee weapon
2. Bow
3. Fishing rod
4-6. FnS
7. Boat/arrows/FnS
8. Food
9. Golden Apples (if any)

Fooling your enemies
If you are unsure of yourself in death match, take off all your armor and pretend to be lootless so they will not kill you first. Then, after they have killed the other guy, put on all your armor and kill them!

Fishing rod
This can help you in many ways, to push your enemy up against a wall in water battles, boost your friends into the enemy,... But this is a fact that not alot of people know about : when you right click the fishing rod to throw it, dont real it back, it will take down your fishing rod's durability instead, swap to another item, it will automaticly real it back and not waste any durability.

FnS
Make sure you have at least 3 of these in your hot bar, next to eachother
When someone charges at you, stare at them awkwardly and spam dem FnS on the ground and set them ablaze. Also if you are dominating the spawn after refill, shift and right click the chests, the top part of them and dont walk close to them cus they will be on fire, but the fire will be invisible. Also before D-match set some podiums on fire so when other people get tp'ed in they will be on fire, make sure is not yours though :/

Bow
The bow can help you knockback players if they are chasing you but you sort of have to be good in order for it to work very well. I also recommend you have arrows in your hot bar so you can see the amount you have and can tell when you're about to run out.

Block-hitting
This is a good manuver but it's not that effective (pokemon refrences FTW) blocking will reduce 50% of incoming damage but it slows you down, so you cant really move when you are doing it. I wouldnt recommend it

Crittical hits
Make sure you do this in every fight because it's super effective (no more pokemon plz) it can increase your damage up to 50%.

F5
F5'ing is a good tactic, you can see if someone is chasing you or not or just faking people out that you arent looking at them. But you need to becareful when you're F5'ing cus i noticed that I usually walk in to random blocks that I cant see cus' im F5'ing.

Minecraft knowledge
Know your food, weapon and armor. If you dont know this already, read this : http://www.minecraftwiki.net/

High ground
This can work both in your favor and against it. Hitboxes are smaller underneath, thus making it harder for you to hit your enemy. But if you are being chased up a mountain you can knock them down and make them take fall damage.

Teaming
If you are in game and there's a team of 3 and they all have good loots, find someone and try to reason with them to team with you so you would at least stand a chance at beatting the team of 3. If you are fighting an enemy team by yourself. Here's what you have to do, prep some FnS and light them on fire then go after the one that isnt on fire. Tight spaces can also work in your favor cus they can hit eachother by mistake.

#yoloswag2013
Try it ;)

That's about it, if you want to suggest any strats, leave a comment. Hope this helped you :)

Last edited:

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Hacks
If all else fails, get hacks, it can get you wins pretty easily provided that you have decent weapons but I highly recommend against this since it can get you banned.

Hidden commands
Trick your enemies in to typing things like /kill ; /hub ; /seppuku <----This is my fav since not alot of people know about it ;)
Hacks: No. Just no. We will find out if a person has hacks, and they will be banned.

Hidden Commands: Also no. Misleading others is against the rules. Tricking another person into killing themselves will get you banned.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
No, just don't hack at all. M'kay? Don't encourage hacking either.

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Im just joking around I dont encourage hacks at all :p

xMgdandme

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with all except the teaming. ^.^

EDIT:(I posted this AFTER he removed hacking)

Jayx10

Experienced
Reaction score
These are some good and basic tactics. I would recommend them to anyone just starting MCSG or anyone that wants to learn something new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci