• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Silent Join Purchase

Do you think the ability to purchase silent join is a good idea?

• Total voters

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Edit: Do not vote no if you aren't going to explain yourself. It is really counter productive :p. If you say no to it, i'd like to know the reason so I can see other peoples point of views. I like hearing things from other players views.

So one thing that bothers me the most about being who I am, is that when I join a server, every single person knows it. With this happening, there is always those certain people who decide, "oh, this guy is good, we should target him". This becomes increasingly frustrating for anyone who is high up on the leaderboards, or is well known in the community as a good pvper. There aren't many ways to stop this as it is in mcsg. You can do /d , but that doesn't really help if you aren't staff or a vip, because it still shows "reven86 has joined". Anyone with half a brain can put 2 and 2 together and tell that the last person who joined, is actually reven86 is /d. Therefore /d becomes a bit pointless.

So I sit there thinking about silent join for staff members and VIP's. Rarely do people actually notice when these people join because it doesn't announce to the server that they joined. Only the most dedicated of people who really wanna know whenever every single player joins will notice these people joining.

So I came up with an idea of possibly giving players such as myself a way to get silent join and as you can guess, I think it would be fair if we had to purchase it.

With purchasing silent join, I really see no downside to it. Mcsg is going to make some money, and players are going to be happier playing the game because everyone isn't going to announce their names when they join anymore. There will be a huge reduction in the amount of "Omg reven86 is /d as timtom1246jk". This will cut down so much of the frustrations of the targeting and would make me and countless others happy as can be.

With this though, has to be some sort of restriction and... qualifications? First off, silent join purchase can't just be for everyone. I propose that in order to get silent join, you have to have some sort of lifetime donor rank, either diamond, platinum or quantum. We can't really have green names and people who only paid for 1 month of donor to have silent join. You can't have someone who buys donor for 1 month, or not at all, then get a lifetimes worth of silent join.With this comes a way for Mcgamer to also make more money. They will not only make money from people paying for silent join, but they would also make money from players buying lifetime donors to get silent join. (if players aren't alright with this, this could be changed to possibly how it is with the stat resets, to where anyone can buy it, but its half price for donors and full price for anyone else. This part is really debatable).

With this of course, Moderators would have to be able to see these players join when they came. The silent join doesn't work against them, but, there is nothing wrong with that, because typically moderators aren't going to just target you off spawn.

So lets see this, I'll make some kind of pro's and con's list, and you guys can comment and add to this list if you like:

Pros:
  1. Well known and high ranking players won't have to deal with people spamming that they joined.
  2. The /d function becomes useful for players who get to use it.
  3. Happier players
  4. Mcsg makes money off players purchasing silent join
  5. Mcsg possible makes more money if they make it to where only lifetime donors can buy silent join because some players might purchase this lifetime just for the silent join.
Cons:
  1. Noobs will be mad because they have to kill good players legit now or have to keep a close eye on whoever joins.
  2. I can't think of anymore? O_O
So let me know what you guys think, if you guys got anything to add that I am not thinking of, please let me know in the comments <3.

Last edited:

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think you can /d in the hub before you join which helps with this problem

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
So one thing that bothers me the most about being who I am, is that when I join a server, every single person knows it. With this happening, there is always those certain people who decide, "oh, this guy is good, we should target him". This becomes increasingly frustrating for anyone who is high up on the leaderboards, or is well known in the community as a good pvper. There aren't many ways to stop this as it is in mcsg. You can do /d , but that doesn't really help if you aren't staff or a vip, because it still shows "reven86 has joined". Anyone with half a brain can put 2 and 2 together and tell that the last person who joined, is actually reven86 is /d. Therefore /d becomes a bit pointless.

So I sit there thinking about silent join for staff members and VIP's. Rarely do people actually notice when these people join because it doesn't announce to the server that they joined. Only the most dedicated of people who really wanna know whenever every single player joins will notice these people joining.

So I came up with an idea of possibly giving players such as myself a way to get silent join and as you can guess, I think it would be fair if we had to purchase it.

With purchasing silent join, I really see no downside to it. Mcsg is going to make some money, and players are going to be happier playing the game because everyone isn't going to announce their names when they join anymore. There will be a huge reduction in the amount of "Omg reven86 is /d as timtom1246jk". This will cut down so much of the frustrations of the targeting and would make me and countless others happy as can be.

With this though, has to be some sort of restriction and... qualifications? First off, silent join purchase can't just be for everyone. I propose that in order to get silent join, you have to have some sort of lifetime donor rank, either diamond, platinum or quantum. We can't really have green names and people who only paid for 1 month of donor to have silent join. You can't have someone who buys donor for 1 month, or not at all, then get a lifetimes worth of silent join.With this comes a way for Mcgamer to also make more money. They will not only make money from people paying for silent join, but they would also make money from players buying lifetime donors to get silent join. (if players aren't alright with this, this could be changed to possibly how it is with the stat resets, to where anyone can buy it, but its half price for donors and full price for anyone else. This part is really debatable).

With this of course, Moderators would have to be able to see these players join when they came. The silent join doesn't work against them, but, there is nothing wrong with that, because typically moderators aren't going to just target you off spawn.

So lets see this, I'll make some kind of pro's and con's list, and you guys can comment and add to this list if you like:

Pros:
  1. Well known and high ranking players won't have to deal with people spamming that they joined.
  2. The /d function becomes useful for players who get to use it.
  3. Happier players
  4. Mcsg makes money off players purchasing silent join
  5. Mcsg possible makes more money if they make it to where only lifetime donors can buy silent join because some players might purchase this lifetime just for the silent join.
Cons:
  1. Noobs will not be able to target good people nearly as easy anymore because they didn't know these people joined? lol
  2. I can't think of anymore? O_O
So let me know what you guys think, if you guys got anything to add that I am not thinking of, please let me know in the comments <3.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I LOVE YOU. YES YES YES.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
is this against the EULA though? to sell things that offer players an advantage over others?

i think this would be fine and really it barely offers an advantage but you never know what some nerd over in mojang HQ would think

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I LOVE YOU. YES YES YES.
<3 ty

Honestly all they need to do is make it so it doesn't say your name when you join if you are disguised.
Well yes that would be the easier way to do things, but that just hasn't happened yet now has it? xD. Staff is aware of this problem and hasn't done anything to this point to fix it, so maybe if we pay them to do it, they would be more motivated to do it :p. This benefits everyone involved.
is this against the EULA though? to sell things that offer players an advantage over others?

i think this would be fine and really it barely offers an advantage but you never know what some nerd over in mojang HQ would think
No I do not believe it is, but it gives you NO pvp advantage. It gives no way to where you have a better chase to win or lose the game because of it. It should be 100% OK.

Culosity

Survivor
Reaction score
<3 ty

Well yes that would be the easier way to do things, but that just hasn't happened yet now has it? xD. Staff is aware of this problem and hasn't done anything to this point to fix it, so maybe if we pay them to do it, they would be more motivated to do it :p. This benefits everyone involved.

No I do not believe it is, but it gives you NO pvp advantage. It gives no way to where you have a better chase to win or lose the game because of it. It should be 100% OK.
i disagree, silent join does give you an advantage.
althought it is annoying, targeting evens the playing field. i do not support it, that's how it is; being targeted by a couple of noobs in a game attempts to even the playing field by presenting an extra challenge to the skilled player. it's unfortunate, but that's how it works. everything comes with consequences.
being able to purchase a silent join would provide an unfair advantage to the purchaser by attempting to remove the naturally occuring targeting that happens to attempt to provide a fair playing field. if your stats are of such concern, play on an alt or figure something else out.
i feel this thread was made because you were fed up about targeting and solely concerns yourself and other skilled players.
Also, saying it's unfair for people that don't have a lifetime rank to buy this option is absurd, yet again proving my point that this this was created out of anger for you and other skilled players making it an unfair and biased idea.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
i disagree, silent join does give you an advantage.
althought it is annoying, targeting evens the playing field. i do not support it, that's how it is; being targeted by a couple of noobs in a game attempts to even the playing field by presenting an extra challenge to the skilled player. it's unfortunate, but that's how it works. everything comes with consequences.
being able to purchase a silent join would provide an unfair advantage to the purchaser by attempting to remove the naturally occuring targeting that happens to attempt to provide a fair playing field. if your stats are of such concern, play on an alt or figure something else out.
I have to disagree, how is it "fair" to the person being targeted that a person gets a sword off spawn and follows a good player off spawn until their sprint runs out because they don't have time to grab a chest because of the target. It is not making things fair to allow people to get targeted, it is making in unfair to be a good pvper.

If you can't beat a pvper legit, just get a teammate. At least this way, the good pvper stands a chance to win a game against the team, to where if he is targeted off spawn, he has no chance. All targeting does it take this "unfair advantage" you are saying this less skilled player has, and making it a HUGE disadvantage for the good pvper.

You would have to know how it feels to be a person who is in the top page of the leaderboards to understand. Getting targeted off spawn every game nearly, just makes people not want to play anymore. It takes the fun out of the game for the person all because they are good at the game.

Besides, its not just "noobs" that target people, I get targeted by people who have 1000+ wins occasionally..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci