• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Show EU servers some love? With poll.

Do you think the EU servers are well looked after?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra_Zymph

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am an active EU server player and I am kind of sad about the fact that the US servers go up to 20 and we go up to 8, our games are full 24/7 and it's very frustrating. I'm not asking for 20 like the us but maybe up to 12? I would also like to have the EU servers moderated more? The servers have an abundance of radar hackers, speed hackers and above all 9 year old spammers. DPM'T GET ME WRONG I DO LOVE THE SERVERS AND THEY'RE GREAT but only when they're played and monitored correctly :/

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
Well I play on the server's quite a bit too and to be honest I've yet to see any obvious hacking.

There is 10 EU servers in total but Chad's waiting for the server host on getting 9 and 10 back up (I think).

It would be nice to see them moderated more and I believe Chad is working on that, but if I see anyone hacking I'll only be a few clicks away from starting my video capturing software!!

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
I see your concern, but chad is paying for the servers out of his own pocket. The servers as of now are VERY expensive!
I don't see a new EU server popping up and time soon, sorry. Also the EU servers have more RAM then the US ones, it just hasn't been installed as of now. (soon it will)

The moderation of the servers is being worked on, we haven't done many bans right now becuase the system to ban them on every server at once is not complete. Currently to fully ban someone we would have to go onto a server from 1-10 ban them, then 11-20 ban them, and then to any EU server and ban them. We are taking applications to moderate, just check the news post about the rules.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EU servers are murder in costs because I am paying with Euros with USD. If there is more of a demand, we will add more but right now, they are empty a lot during the morning times. Once our datacenter adds in the more RAM that I requested 2 weeks ago...we can add in the 2 more servers to make it 240 slots. So that should help.

Also to add to this, EU was down without my knowledge today because the Datacenter took the server down to upgrade the RAM for the 3rd time and goofed. EU gets a lot of love from us, but right now the Datecenter we are using hasn't been helping keeping the promised uptime.

Tetra_Zymph

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :), I was unaware about the pending upgrades so I take back what I said about the US servers being better moderated and things, I was planning on applying for moderator myself which I will probably do rather soon. I may donate if it's what it takes to add the servers. By the way chad, your servers have made it so my xbox 360 hasn't been touched in over a week. I <3 your servers and I fear that this post was taken the wrong way, I was suggesting improvements I wasn't meant to be criticising Chad or in fact any of you're SG team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci