• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SGClassic Guide - FAQ

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
SGC FAQ
Today I will answer questions I see frequently on the servers.

Whats the difference between SGC and MCSG?
SGClassic has original maps, longer game times, and different chest tiers. It also has different colors, you don't loose as many points, and there is a different leaderboard.

What is SGClassic?
SGClassic is an identical copy of what the MCSG plugin was back in June of 2012, when it was first released out of beta. It comes complete with old bugs and chat colors!

Why do I get hungry so fast?
In the 1.7 update, food was dramatically changed to run out faster. When this happened, MCSG changed their plugin so you wouldn't loose it so fast, similar to 1.6. In June of 2012, the food saturation was not a problem, therefore we didn't have the food adaption in the plugin, so it follows vanilla food, which runs out faster.

Why is it so broken?
In June 2012, there were still many bugs in the system. The developers wanted to add the SGClassic gametype without rewriting the whole code (because they already had just rewritten it with MCSGv2) so they took a copy of the buggy code and put it into the servers.

Will there be updates?
Yes! Mobs, more maps, and maybe other problems will be fixed. Not all the bugs will be fixed, due to the long hours the devs won't spend rewriting code. Any problems we can fix without rewriting code should be fixed soon.

When is soon?
Soon(tm).

Muix

Spectator
Reaction score
Omg thank you. I was thinking about writing these since there hasn't been one yet. But this actually tells what's going on instead of explaining it to new players "all" the time. ^-^

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
This will definitely help to clear up some things about SG Classic in short. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci