• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG Paradise Island

Are you excited for this map!

• Total voters

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
About
Paradise Island is a paradise themed survival games map. This map was originally started back in February when I (TheBreadman) was outraged at how the terraforming for the hell games map looked (no offence KRaidium, and others). I decided I would start making the hell games 3 (since hell games 2 was already started). I really got into it for about the first 2-3 days or so, with a little help from king_apollo, I was able to start with the cornucopia. But then, between school and MCSG, the map got abandoned for a while. But lately, Team Astral (creators of Nightmare Park) has been struggling with ideas, and finding a map to get into, because honestly, the hardest part about building a map, is starting it. We went through countless ideas, Area 51, University; yeah kos beat us to that D: ; medieval battlefield, etc. So, since the map I was making was like 15% complete, I decided that will be our next map!

Paradise Island started out as a SG 1 type of map, just with a swampier/Jungly theme. It was planned to have lot's of hills, and shrubbery with minimal small structures. However, now that we have decided to switch the map to an MCSG style; modern MCSG, not beta D: ; the map will feature a large bay/beach area, with docks, tourist sites and such. There will also be a massive hotel near the bay/beach. I have even zoned out areas designed for intense pvp battles. This map will also feature a volcano, and a small Native American residence.

The size of SG Paradise Island is dependent on how big the hotel turns out to be. We plan on having this map to have a 350 block radius. That's 700 in diameter.

MAP PROGRESS: 30%

Progresslog

4/19/13
- Started Huge Hotel
- Continued working on terraforming. Terraforming= 30% complete
- Worked on exterior of map
- Changed biome to Jungle

4/20/13
- Terraforming worked on some more. Terraforming=50%
- worked on huge hotel, center building is nearly complete
- decided that large body of water will be a bay
- radius of the map will be 350
- changed the cornucopia slightly
- created outline for island

4/28/13

- Finished interior of center building
- Built 2 new ships (cargo, yacht)
- Terraforming completed (Only landscaping remains)

Screenshots
These screenshots will always be up to date. Old screenshots will be replaced with new ones as the map progresses. These images are as of April 27, 2013

The cornucopia (Subject To change)

Lot for massive Hotel

1/100 scale model of Hotel

Current progress of hotel.

View of the Bay

Cargo Ship & Yacht

Valley Between Mountain and Volcano

The Volcano

A small modern home that we have yet to determine, where it will go. (And a helicopter :))

Some fancy terraforming, so the ocean will be less plain.

Applications (Closed)

If you would like to apply to become a builder for Team Astral, please post your application here.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is going to look so smexy when it's finished.

The cornucopia reminds me too much of Breeze for some reason though. :p

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is going to look so smexy when it's finished.

The cornucopia reminds me too much of Breeze for some reason though. :p
Yes don't worry, it's not final. I'm trying to make it look paradisy (not even a word :p) but as much NOT like breeze as possible!

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I noticed you asked if there were terraformers/builders/redstoners that wanted to help. I can do any of them if you want

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci