• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Setting Chests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
Hiya, this is probably a noob question but is there a way to determine the range of random items which can be allowed to appear in each chest upon your map?

For example could i set it so a specific chest will contain any 3 items from a fixed list of random items i have chosen which MAY appear in that chest. If so how is this done?

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
This server has a plugin on the server that automatically fills all the chests randomly.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Hiya, this is probably a noob question but is there a way to determine the range of random items which can be allowed to appear in each chest upon your map?

For example could i set it so a specific chest will contain any 3 items from a fixed list of random items i have chosen which MAY appear in that chest. If so how is this done?
Most you could probably do is set a double chest/various chests in a place you want to be more valuable, e.g. the Pirate Cove

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
Apparently this is possible and its a feature already in use on map 2. Its simply something controlled by the devs not the mappers. If this is true I believe this to be the wrong way around, the mapper has a more intimate knowledge of his/her level and would be able to make that initial judgement call in terms of map balance more accurately than a dev.

I've posted about this on the suggestions forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci