• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Server connection issue

Carmont492

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having problems with connecting to the MCSG servers. I have checked on other servers and there is no problem. Also I was playing last night and the night before on the MCSG servers.

But I tried to connect today and I get this message ' Failed to connect to the server, Connection Refused"
Screen Shot 2013-08-03 at 15.48.39.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can you provide more information? Maybe your "developer console" in the launhcer gives more useful output. With the info provided I can't help you. My best bet would be restarting the launcher, and if that doesn't work restart your computer. Always the first thing to try. If you give me more info, I might be able to give you more help.

radtak1

Diamond
Reaction score
i imagine its your connection. if anyone is sucking the wifi from your PC then it is more than likely that. if no one is sucking the wifi then it must just be the server you are trying to join. make sure you are connecting to the region server where you live. US, EU, and AU are all examples.

tetlow

Platinum
Reaction score
If you were on AU last night around the time you posted I know that we had a few people who had trouble getting on, Me being on of them and a few servers where playing up but others where fine I remember one server from the hub took me like 1 minute to actually join the game(Joining non mcsg servers was fine) If any other server might have just been a bit of lag for a while. Could still be a connection problem on your side. Hope you can work it out and get back to playing soon :D

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Try do the following till step 4, if it doesn't work, go to next steps:
1) Check your internet speed (www.pingtest.net). If you get lower than a 'B' grade, follow the next steps;
2) Visit your router setup site (192.16.2.1 in your browser search bar should get you there)
3) Click virtual servers, and follow through without changing anything until you get to 'apply'
4) Click apply and wait for your connection to reset
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) Unplug your router from power for 30 seconds, then plug it back in
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6) Followstep 5 except instead of router, unplug your modem.
7) Restart your computer
8) Delete your MC client and redownload

This should work, the steps are divided into preference, if the first 4 don't work, follow through.

Hopefully this helps. I'd love to hear feedback about how it went.

Good Luck!

-KitMencha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci