• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regarding the "Death of MCSG" Threads

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I'd like to get this out of the way at the beginning. Yes, I do think MCSG is dying, now if you would, read the thread, TL;DRs are at the end, not the preface.
There have been a lot of threads where people speculate the Death of MCSG (Fine, MCGamer, it will always be MCSG to me). Now I've read a lot of them, and I agree with the fact its dying. However, it's something that needs to stop. If you have had at least one foot in the water for the past couple months, I think it's painfully obvious that MCSG is dying. However, why do people suddenly start pointing it out now? It's due to the unfortunate denial of Nephilim and Vanicle | Vanessa of their Admin ranks. At this point most people are aware of that fact, and everyone knows it's a bad time for MCSG. That being said, there only needs a single thread. It's unnecessary for so many people to want likes that badly and jumping on the "Death" bandwagon. It's useless space and just proof to me that the new generation of the forums isn't ready. Sure you guys have to learn, but these are called spam threads. *Losing motivation to write* I'll get into the two most recent ones.

Racervina. I don't know who you are, but I can honestly say I enjoyed your story. I'd beg to differ that the the downfall has not stemmed from Huawhi as much as you say. Sure he had a lot of followers, but his original fanbase came from here, and if they quit, it's not because he went and offed himself of youtube, but because they got bored. It's something that always happens, but one youtuber disappearing doesn't affect the servers that much.

XDBFplaysGamesX | Daniel. I think the whole Badlion thing was just an excuse so you could make a dying thread after the Admin trial fallout (I praise you with your timing my good sir. Very clever). I've seen evidence that states MCSG's SG gamemode being far more popular than Badlion's. I don't think there's anything urgent with MCSG's fall, it will be slow, I mean, it's been so slow for so long. All I have to say is despite it's genius timing, at least put some effort in like the others. If you're going to repeat threads, make it nice.

My opinion? The forums are already dead, and that's all I care about. My portion of the network already has a tombstone ready for it. Stop complaining about your servers that are still alive and though not growing, still fun and popular.

TL;DR: Read it anyway, it was a bad thread and not as long as I wanted it to be.

Post TL;DR: It's dying, stahp with the threads.

sry 4 poor post gotta go watch the patriots

Reaction score
XDBFplaysGamesX | Daniel. I think the whole Badlion thing was just an excuse so you could make a dying thread after the Admin trial fallout (I praise you with your timing my good sir. Very clever). I've seen evidence that states MCSG's SG gamemode being far more popular than Badlion's. I don't think there's anything urgent with MCSG's fall, it will be slow, I mean, it's been so slow for so long. All I have to say is despite it's genius timing, at least put some effort in like the others. If you're going to repeat threads, make it nice.
The whole Badlion thing was an entirely perfect excuse to make this thread because it is a problem that our big authorities aren't really putting much attention to the problem at hand. As for the "repeat threads" thing, I don't recall repeating threads at all. Sometimes I will just for the necessity of it being brought up and it getting the necessary attention. And by the way, people have made threads like this so stop repeating threads you hypocrite.

And as for putting effort into my threads, allow me to remind you that as simple as they may be, at least it can really get a discussion going. My downfall of MCSG got the ball rolling and really, I can't say the same for your threads. No offense, because I have yet for any of your threads to come into my attention until now!

My Opinion: Think before you post.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
The whole Badlion thing was an entirely perfect excuse to make this thread because it is a problem that our big authorities aren't really putting much attention to the problem at hand. As for the "repeat threads" thing, I don't recall repeating threads at all. Sometimes I will just for the necessity of it being brought up and it getting the necessary attention. And by the way, people have made threads like this so stop repeating threads you hypocrite.

And as for putting effort into my threads, allow me to remind you that as simple as they may be, at least it can really get a discussion going. My downfall of MCSG got the ball rolling and really, I can't say the same for your threads. No offense, because I have yet for any of your threads to come into my attention until now!

My Opinion: Think before you post.
»

There's no reason to quote the entire post for the response, it's kind of clear who you're responding to...

«

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Not dying, this is just a down period. Sure, we have a smaller peak player count, and sure things are way different than they used to be but with the things that have been hinted toward, I can see the network back in full swing before we know it.

It's painful at times to see that all the people who I looked up to as a forumer, player, and YouTuber have mostly left but if you've noticed a lot of people are coming back, includig you Beardy c:

Some things aren't exactly going too smoothly right now we'll find a solution.

I deeply miss Vanessa and Neph, and their choice was so unfortunate because of all of the incredible work they put in, but let's not let a few disappointments keep things downwardly spiraling.

In summary I still have hope, we all should!

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Without going into detail, I think this server has 2 paths. Both are long lasting. What the Administration and Development team do will ultimately decide the fate of the server. If they do things right, (Im not sure what 'right' is yet) the server will pull itself out of the decline. If they do things wrong, it will slowly dwindle to a few hundred players as the whole community. BUT, I was a part of a strong willed community that had a TOTAL of 10 people, and it survived a whole year on just a 10 person community. So amplifying this to fit this network would mean that it would take several years to die out, if it ever does at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci