• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Question about ping?

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
Does my ping/latency depend on what server I join? For example if I join US1, will I have a better ping speed than US50? Lately I have been getting lag and people are skipping around, usually I solve this problem by restarting my router but now it's not doing anything. Anyways, all help is appreciated :)

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Idk all I know is that i have horrible internet. Sorry that im not much help :/

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
xD I always have to play when my parents arent using alot of the internet or I lag immensly. Then I go up to my dad PLZ DAD I PHAN STAPH USING YOUR IPAD YOUR. PHONE YOUR COMPUTER YOUR LAPTOP AND STAPH DOWNLOADING ALL THOSE FILES. And hes wat? And im like .-. Nvm...
Btw sorry for the caps

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not completely sure. I don't think it does. My internet isn't good, but it's not bad. I don't experience any problems on any US servers, so I think it's just you.Edit: I just did a little "forum research" and to my knowledge (I might've misunderstood) all servers are hosted from the same location, so your ping should not increase or decrease on any given servers. (US 1-90?)

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
it mostly depends on which server you are joining BUT not between us1 and ther us servers (50), it is important where you live if i join a us server i am also lagging but i dont have any problems on eu try to join some other regions for example :
eu1.mcsg.in { europe }; ca1.mcsg.in { canada } ; us1.mcsg.in ( not really useful because you already said you are lagging here ) ; and so on go to the server list on the website ;) .
this may help you.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
^what he said
and yea your ping depends on your internet and it varys if you have an unstable connection :(

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
^what he said
and yea your ping depends on your internet and it varys if you have an unstable connection :(
yep, and if the first thing ive weitten doesnt work, ask your parents to change your internet provider! btw. that s the best solution.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First off, it only depends on the region you join.
Second, to find out where the problem is, you should open a command line window. Type in "ping us1.mcsg.in" replace the hostname "us1.mcsg.in" with some random IP's and domain names. After that you repeat it with "tracert [IP]" replacing [IP] with an IP or a hostname. Then you'll see where you gain most of your milliseconds. If you know the name of your ISP you should see if the problem is from your ISP. now this will probably only work with windows, i don't really know how to do it mac. Try setting your DNS servers to OpenDNS. I hope this helped, I can't really go in depth too much as I am typing this from my iPod :p

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Im pretty sure all of the US servers are hosted in Arizona.

pepsizPower

District 13
Reaction score
Well, for me all of my US Pings are the same.. So I have no idea...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci